1995 Chevrolet Beretta Base 3.1 from North America

Summary:

One of the greatest

Replaced alternator, trans; the trans didn't go out til 350,000 miles; yes, 350,000 miles.

Thermostat and related items.

That's it! You take care of a car; it will last

Power steering pump and hose, steering worked, but bearings started to sound bad. Replaced it at about 320,000 miles.

Only real fault is the brakes are not the best.

General Comments:

And when you replace parts, they must be the best quality, and when you replace parts in a system, service the entire system, it's just that simple.

Love these cars, have owned several, currently own two, I will always own at least one.

They drive great and look great.

Review Date: 5th January, 2011

1995 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 from North America

Engine blew.

Head gasket.

Belts.

Transmission problems.

Brakes are horrible.

General Comments:

I know this car is older than the hills, but a warning to anyone who is buying this older model car; My stepdad bought this car new and treated it like his baby. I have not ragged this car out, and have taken great care of it.

The worst thing about my car is that the brakes work when they want to. It sounds like the Titanic splitting in two, and skips until it finally comes to a stop. I had this checked out at the dealership, and the brakes are in almost new condition.

Another thing is the motor. I was driving to get the oil change, when I got stuck in the middle of an intersection because the engine blew.

Also, this thing goes through alternators every year, along with belts.

Review Date: 7th July, 2010

1995 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 3.1L V6 from North America

Summary:

Most reliable and fuel efficient car I have ever owned

Had to replace U and ball joints around 90,000 miles.

Driver's side door leaks a little when it rains.

General Comments:

My car drives like new. I would put her up against any car.

I would recommend a Chevrolet Beretta to anyone.

Very good on gas. I travel a lot and love the ride.

Seats are very comfortable.

I drive my car like it is a truck, and have never had a major problem with it because I keep up on general maintenance. Ex. oil changes and tune ups. Once a year I get all of the fluids changed whether it needs it or not. This is very important.

The body has held up very well with the beating I have given.

I have owned my car for nine years, and plan on at least 10 more with her.

Review Date: 23rd July, 2009

1995 Chevrolet Beretta 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

It's a damn good car for a kid to have

Only things that have gone wrong with the car are the brakes, and a little bit of leaking of water around the fire wall.

General Comments:

Well the car is not really fancy looking, but it gets the job done. It's been through hell and back multiple times, it gets up and goes pretty fast. It out runs most of the rice burners I've raced.

It has good top end, and has awesome handling, especially when using the e brake.

But really for only paying $200 for it, it's been a real good car for a kid like me.

Review Date: 4th May, 2009

9th Jun 2009, 11:11

The water leaking at the firewall is your heater core leaking. They have a drain to the firewall to keep coolant out of the passenger compartment.

1995 Chevrolet Beretta 3.1 V6 from North America

Summary:

Broken, breaking, or you wonder what's next

Over the course of the 10000 miles I put on this car I have:

- Rebuilt the engine, replacing all gaskets.

- Replaced the gas tank.

- Replaced a broken handbrake cable.

- Leaking fuel rail because of poor design and had to redneck repair it to fix it.

- Replaced the ENTIRE front suspension except the struts, Started with the tie rods, and after fixing those the ball joints were bad. Then since everything was corroded and wearing out, we had to replace everything!

General Comments:

I think this had been the most unreliable car. We have put over $1000 into it and I replaced most of it myself to save money. I did the head gasket in the driveway under a tarp in the middle of winter. And the engine is impossible to work on. Everything is integrated into something else, in other words everything has to come off to get at one thing. For example I have to remove part of the engine mount to replace the belt. And the belt tensioner has no nut or arm of any sort to release it, so you need 2 or more people to screw with the belt to get it on.

Overall, when it runs it works great, good mileage and power. But it sees more time on a lift or on a jack getting fixed than it does on the road. You drive it with something broken, something breaking/wearing out, or panicking over every little noise or vibration of pull wondering what the hell is breaking now.

Review Date: 23rd March, 2008

24th Mar 2008, 19:15

I feel I must say this. It's 12 years old with 140,000 miles.

Were you expecting perfection?

5th Jan 2012, 19:35

Yes, the 3.1's need to have the motor mount released to put on a new tensioner belt, but there is a bolt at the base of the tensioner arm that you turn one way to release tension, and the other way to put tension back on.