2000 Chevrolet Blazer Reviews - Page 15 of 41

2000 Chevrolet Blazer S-10 4.3 Vortec from North America

Engine and transmission 4.3 Vortec Automatic
Previous carChevrolet Blazer

Summary:

Complete disappointment

I just bought a 2 door 2000 Chevy Blazer with 4x4, and at 93000 miles, the driver's side door sounds horrible when it opens and closes, and the transmission grinds while it shifts down.

I owned a '90 Chevy 1500 that had 190000 miles, and it purred, and I thought that Chevy was the way to go, but I haven't even started to fix all of the problems on my Blazer. I AM SERIOUSLY DISAPPOINTED!!! The new thing to do is go FOREIGN!!!

Review Date: 9th May, 2007

17th May 2007, 09:01

I bought My 2000 Chevy blazer 4x4 in 2005, and had nothing, but problem with it. It had 78,000 miles on it when I bought it, I have a GMC Sonoma pick up with 337,000 miles on it and it still running great, so I thought go with a GM. The first thing was the alternator, and then the fuel pump, (which was not covered on the warranty) then the transmission started acting up, first it would shift hard when starting out, but the deal could not find a problem in his computer. So there was nothing wrong, I was told this 3 times, now I have to pay for a new transmission because the warranty expired. Very unsatisfied with my blazer.

2000 Chevrolet Blazer lt from North America

Year of manufacture1999
Engine and transmission Don't Know
Distance when acquired32000 miles
Previous carFord Explorer

Summary:

I would never buy this car again, and probably not another Chevy

My fuel gauge has gone wild. Must use the trip odometer to keep track.

Alternator had to be replaced in 2006.

I need to replace the front door hinge pins. I have purchased the pins, can anyone tell me how to do the change. Do I have to have a certain type of tool? The estimated charge from the Chevy dealer was $450 for one door. Surely I can do this myself?

sallypbee@yahoo.com

Review Date: 8th May, 2007

2000 Chevrolet Blazer 4.3 V6 from North America

Engine and transmission 4.3 V6 Automatic
Previous carGMC Envoy

Summary:

Nice little truck

The fuel gauge was not working in I bought it. Good news, GM now offers the sending unit without buying the entire fuel pump. You can get it at the dealer for $110. It is a bit of work to get it installed. My brother and I did it in about 2 hours. It is much easier if you run the gas down pretty low, it makes the gas tank lighter. My local service station said they would install for $200. I also had the actuator for the tail gate go bad. Took some work to figure out how to get it open, but this was also a easy fix. All in all it is a 7 year old vehicle, I do expect some things to go wrong. I have had nothing major go wrong.

Review Date: 10th April, 2007

15th Dec 2007, 17:27

I have a 2000 chevrolet blazer and cannot get the back glass or the tailgate open. Could anyone help me.

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS Vortex V6 from North America

Engine and transmission Vortex V6 Automatic
Previous carGeo Tracker

Summary:

If you have money to put in the SUV, BUY IT!!!

December - fuel pump went ($500).

January - rear end work ($1700).

March - transmission blew ($2000).

General Comments:

I bought this SUV in December 2006, thinking I would have a good reliable truck. Well, the thing is in the shop more times than I have driven it. I have it for 4 months and have put in over 4000 dollars in it! I like my Blazer a lot, but it's a money waster!

The Blazer picks up pretty well and handles fair.

In the inside it's very comfortable and quiet. All of the gauges and buttons are laid of well and easy to use.

Great SUV to travel in when running!

Some say that American cars are the best, but I beg to differ. My 1998 Hyundai lasted longer, with no major problems. I sold it to family and the little Accent is still running with over 150,000 miles on it! Now that this LS Blazer is all fixed, I have trouble to feel like nothing else is going to go wrong.

Review Date: 1st April, 2007