13th Oct 2011, 19:07

October 2011 update, 146k miles, had A/C compressor fixed and a Kenwood stereo installed. Still no problems.

29th Jul 2012, 07:19

Original poster. 159k July 2012 and still going strong. No issues to report. Still not using oil between changes. Still gets 27 MPG in mixed driving.

20th Mar 2013, 18:25

March 2013 Update... 167k and the alternator died. Other than that, the only issue has been the air flow from the dash vents was going mostly to the floor ducts. Parked on a hill, and then when I left, it was back to the normal flow pattern again. Still not burning any oil. Been a great car... almost four years and 50k miles on a car I paid $1100 for.

6th Dec 2013, 20:08

Update December 2013, 178k. Had the Michelin tires replaced with WalMart Goodyear Viva 2 tires. Bad choice of tire... loud and goes out of balance often... the Michelins never did.

Otherwise, the valve cover cracked when the mechanic tried to tighten it. It cost $40 for a new one. Otherwise, still going strong, still using no oil, and looks like it will keep on going!

19th Apr 2014, 09:03

Update April 2014, I have now owned this car for five years! The longest I have kept a car.

The tan paint is giving up the ghost. The clearcoat is failing. I got the car with 118k in April 2009 and it now has 183k. Still uses no oil between changes. I paid $1100 for it and thought if it lasted a year I would have gotten my money out of it. I suppose I owe IT money now! No plans to get rid of it any time soon. Hope to get to 218k on it so I can get 100k on an $1100 car!

13th Aug 2014, 23:50

Yet another update... August 2014. I have almost 189k on it with no issues. I have put 70k on a car I got five and a half years ago for $1100. How can I ever get such a steal again?