1986 Chevrolet Celebrity Reviews - Page 6 of 6

First year of ownership1990
Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 2.8L V6 2bbl Automatic
Previous carBuick Century

Summary:

One of the nicest station wagons that I have ever driven

New starter.

CV boots.

Front tie rods.

Body (now has new paint).

Suspension.

Brake lines.

Fuel tank.

General Comments:

Compared to the other cars that I have driven, the Celebrity wagon beats them all. Sure I think it would be better with the "3.1L V6 FI", but the 2.8L is doing just fine. It still has lots of power left for an engine with 290,000Km on it. The interior is still in great shape, as for the instruments I'd personally prefer the optional gage cluster rather than the idot lights.

The car seats 5 comfortably, 16 very uncomfortably.

Review Date: 26th September, 2001

1986 Chevrolet Celebrity V6 from North America

Year of manufacture1986
First year of ownership1997
Most recent year of ownership2000
Engine and transmission V6 Manual
Previous carFord Thunderbird

Summary:

A good car for the money

Left turn signal stopped operating.

Driver's side window stopped rolling down.

Hatchback stopped opening.

Transmission slowly failed, one gear at a time. Eventually I could only drive (illegally!) in reverse.

General Comments:

This car was certainly worth the $300 I spent for it, however, I wouldn't recommend driving it in reverse 12 miles to work. :)

Review Date: 31st March, 2001

15th Apr 2005, 07:04

I had a 86 celebirty. bought it at 55,000 it ran to over 300,000 miles and the only repair I EVER has to do was replace the fuel censor. THAT WAS ALL. the best car I have ever had. it now rests in peace in the local junk yard. This car was unbelievable in its stamina.

23rd Feb 2008, 09:34

Does anyone know where I can get a newer Celebrity? My Daisy has well over a million miles, and I don't care for any of the newer cars for many reasons, especially owner serviceability (or lack of it). I have been hit on all five sides (the moose hit the top of the hood), and I feel funny when in Florida with all of the newer cars with better bodies, but I still would like to have a newer Celebrity. I prefer carburetor, Eurosport, 4-door, and I can drive anywhere in the U.S. or Canada with Daisy to pick one up.

Robert.