1976 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu Classic from North America - Comments

12th Mar 2011, 08:26

I own a 1976 4 door Malibu Classic... her name is Betty Boop! She is awesome too... hot red, and all I have left to do is carpet and dash on the interior, then paint exterior! ALL original... got her with 40K miles on it 5 years ago. One owner, and had been sitting in estate status for 16 years :-) Great deal... FREE!

My question: I have ordered carpet two times for this car, and they always come in 2 pieces that don't fit! I am being told by my interior guys it should come in one piece, does anyone know where I can get this ONE piece from?

CharMeckCitizen@yahoo.com

Thanks.

25th Sep 2011, 17:00

I have had a four door classic Chevy Malibu 1976 for over a year. It is a nice car with some rough spots on the outside. Could someone tell me what I could sell it for in today's economy? It drives nice and smooth.

Everything works on it, and the interior is great!

Any help most appreciated.

Thanks.

21st Jun 2012, 11:17

WOW!! I had the same '76 bright lime green with white vinyl interior.

The body rusted off it, but the motor ran forever.

15th Mar 2013, 07:42

All you have to do is Google the car and be surprised. I've had a 76 Malibu Classic for over 30 years, restored several times, and I'm having it restored to showroom condition. Right now, not had much of a problem finding parts, and it does seem to be getting easier.

17th Mar 2013, 15:37

I had a new Silver 75, and many years later have a 70 Malibu with air. The 70 has every part available by mail, and is a great car as an even better alternative.

I have also been trying to buy a local, one owner, 70 convertible, all original one, for over 2 years. It's not an SS, but it's a convertible. I bought my mother a 2002 white Malibu with no issues as well. Bodies have changed, but not the interest in them.

18th Nov 2013, 08:56

Jerry H... what companies sell parts for the 76 Malibu? I can't really find much online.

terranceharrell@yahoo.com

29th May 2014, 17:02

Because it's a figure of speech. Apply some common sense.

10th Jul 2014, 06:31

I am looking for the same parts wheel well trim, front and rear, for a 1976 Malibu Classic. Did you have any luck in finding them?

Sincerely, Robert.