1996 Chevrolet Corsica 3.1 from North America

Summary:

Wish I could find another one with low miles

Lower Intake Gaskets 88000 Miles

Catalytic Converter 115000

EGR Valve passage way to intake clogged at 140000

Shocks, Struts, Springs all 4 corners at 125000

New Paint job at 110000.

General Comments:

I really like this car. It has never left me on the road. I drive my cars vary average, to maybe a little bit aggressive. The 3.1 does very well in this small of a car. I am able to pull a 4x8 trailer down interstate at 75mph with nothing on it. When loaded I pull it in drive at 65 or 70. I have taken very good care of my care and it has taken care of me. I use Mobil Fully Synthetic Oil and change oil early. I have my own ODBII scanner so if a light does happen to come on I check it right away and take care of the issue. The reason I am so anal about this is because the Fuel Pressure Regulator diaphragm went out and caused it to run rich, which ended up damaging the O2 sensors along with the Catalic Converter. If I would have taken care of the one issue I would have saved lots of money.

The one negative thing would be the lack of leg room in both front and back seats. The car seems like a decent size 4dr, but really doesn't have a lot of interior space.

Review Date: 18th February, 2008

1996 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan 4-D 4 cylinder 2.2 Liter from North America

Summary:

Very reliable and easy to maintain. Good gas mileage!

(08-15-06) Radiator leaked when purchased it.

(10-10-06) Water pump burst, causing serpentine belt two months later.

(08-27-07) I hit 108,000 miles and found muffler brackets were broken and my lower-front control arm bushings were worn down badly. ABS light won't turn off.

General Comments:

Very reliable considering the high mileage. I have had several mechanics tell me it is a good little car. It is easy to maintain, even for a girl, and it always starts in extreme heat and extreme cold. Long rides aren't very comfy because of the seat design, but I love my Corsica!

Review Date: 30th August, 2007

30th Apr 2010, 21:22

Just an update on this car. I am still driving my little Corsica. Had not had ANY problems with this car since the bushings were replaced. Not rusting AT ALL.

I just bought a 96' Chevy Lumina on Thanksgiving 2009, thinking it was just as reliable. I WAS WRONG! My Lumina is hands-down a lemon. It only had 70k miles -- owned it for 2 months when the belt tensioner and serpentine needed replaced. Now the orange antifreeze GM used to put in their vehicles finally chewed through the head gasket. It blew up the day after Easter this year -- $800 to fix that.

The only way the hubby and I are able to get to work now is relying on my little Corsica. GO CORSICA!!!

1996 Chevrolet Corsica 2.2L 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

This is a great family car, and cheap to own

Our brakes were bad when we bought it at 120000 miles, cheap and easy fix.

Its starting to leak some oil at 140000 miles, replacing gasket and a missing bolt.

Power steering fluid leak.

Possible exhaust leak, we have been noticing a smell while idling.

General Comments:

This is a great car, we paid 700 and it runs better and is more reliable than my last car, a 2001 Chevy Malibu.

Everything on the car has been very inexpensive and easy to fix.

Great cars if you keep up with routine service.

Review Date: 11th June, 2006

1996 Chevrolet Corsica 2.2L (4 cylinder) from North America

Summary:

Great car on gas, 2.2L a better choice than the V6

Replaced the head gasket once.

Replaced the alternator once.

Replaced the fuel pump once.

Replaced the A/C pump once.

These repairs have been done over a 6 year period.

General Comments:

Car is very reliable.

To this day, at over a 104,000 miles, I still get almost 30 miles to the gallon on long trips.

Seats are becoming uncomfortable to sit in for very long, but the car is over 10 years old which is understandable.

Review Date: 20th January, 2006