23rd Jan 2013, 22:35

You haven't restored my friend, you've tricked it out.

25th Jan 2013, 09:50

Restification is applying new technology on an older vehicles. My bolt on upgrades are completely reversible to stock. I also saved the #s matching drivetrains. Not everyone wants a 190 HP stock Corvette. And many upgrades are safety and performance related.

Chrome bumper models are going up if that is very important to you (68-72). I am still not keen on 68s, but 69-72 are hot. I have had a 74-75, and now have a 70; big price jump and far more desirable.

4th Dec 2013, 03:58

I have a 77 Corvette that was sitting for 15 years covered outside. I'm rebuilding it from the ground up, and 4 years later I'm still working on it. It's a great car, nice to look at, and when I am done with it, I am giving it to my grandson if he ever shows up in this world... By the way I am down 3 thousand on parts alone. All the work is being done by me. Love doing the rebuild. It takes time, but it's well worth it.

6th Dec 2013, 13:04

You really need to examine these carefully. I sight through the rear wheels for rust and the firewall for damage. Be careful buying cheap Vettes or even expensive ones, or eBay even. Body and paint is high. Usually calipers need to all be redone, vacuum leaks etc. Been there, done that. Find a 69-72 chrome bumper car best. I like 98 up better overall and drive anywhere. Skip over C4s with dash clusters, electrical woes and leaks. That's my opinion anyway.

4th Nov 2015, 23:32

'77s are boss; I own one and the comments I get are fantastic. The car is reliable and comfortable to drive.

6th Nov 2015, 16:19

I would rather save 16-17k as an idea and buy a very reliable early C5. I've owned C3s and you can easily pump in thousands just to correct age related suspension, braking and mechanical issues, vacuum lights and still have a low HP car. My HP ranged from 190-250, and even with 4 speeds it's lacking. The past year it's been hard selling even the chrome bumper cars. Unless you sell at Carlisle in our area, it's pretty tough. I've also bought a couple of C3s, not chrome numbered, cheap I thought. Painted one (expensive) and got off quite light at 4 or 5 grand later for the other one; bringing them up to good condition, it's more or less keep it or take a loss. Convertibles bring more, but then people will look at a C5 for the money. The only ones I would possibly consider after 73 are the convertible or late 70s early 80s manual trans only. Even the Pace car doesn't do much for me. Wait a few years and bank up for a nice used C5 without real high miles. You will not regret it. I have learned and owned Corvettes for many years. Hope my experience helps you out.