2007 Chevrolet HHR Reviews - Page 2 of 2

Model year2007
Year of manufacture2007
Engine and transmission 2.2 ecotec Automatic
Previous carLincoln Continental

Summary:

Honestly one of the best cars I've owned

Absolutely no mechanical issues whatsoever.

General Comments:

This has been outstanding value. This little car is stylish, economical and surprisingly rugged.

I cannot imagine how others can consider the car cheaply built. The 2.2 ecotec 4 cylinder and Hydra-Matic 4t45e trans-axle are as sturdy as the old Chevy's from the 60's.

The styling is eye catching, and many people who see it stop me to tell a story about the '49 Suburban their dad owned or something of that nature.

The usable storage area is huge for this size vehicle.

The fuel economy is tremendous - far exceeding the EPA 23/30. I have never gone below 25 city, and I have seen 34 highway.

I have never owned a car this small, and I never thought I would be this happy with it.

Review Date: 18th April, 2008

8th Dec 2010, 12:10

"Just in case any one was wondering, both the HHR and PT Cruiser were designed by the same man - he moved from Chrysler to GM!"

That explains why they both look terrible. He should be fired... again.

23rd Jan 2013, 01:11

One man's treasure. Personally, I love the styling.

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.1 from North America

Model year2007
Year of manufacture2007
Previous carHyundai Elantra

Summary:

Very cool car, economical, but boarderlines on cheaply made

Rattling under the dashboard, unsure what.

Front end has a popping sound again a mystery.

Door lock button night illumination lamps out.

General Comments:

My wife and I bought this car slightly used and we love it pretty much, but there are some issues that have surfaced that I don't know about. The first thing that happened was the mystery rattle in the dash behind the speedometer, you hear it mostly when you hit a bump in the road, I have not had a chance to get it looked at yet. There is also a popping sound under the front end, the car still steers fine, but popes and makes sounds when turning. Also the more I drive the car and the more I inspect it the more I am finding that while the HHR is a cool looking car it is very, very cheaply made, the metal on the body is so thin I dented the front fender just by pushing down on it, and with not a lot of pressure I might add, there is also a lot of plastic on the body more than I have seen, it is like parts of this car were so oddly shaped, plastic was the only option to get it done. On the positive side the Ecotech motor seems to have plenty of power and is getting around 28 to 30 miles to the gallon The HHR is also very roomy, I am 6 ft tall and I have no problems with comfort, and the ride of the car is great for its size, and the overall layout of the dash and instruments are stylish and easy to read, with my only grip being the cup holders and the window switches being improperly placed. In conclusion I like the HHR it is a new car and I think Chevy will work the bugs out and have a great retro car for many years to come.

Review Date: 4th January, 2008

4th Jan 2008, 19:30

I had to drive one of those miserable things in driver's ed.

I TOTALLY AGREE ON THE CHEAPNESS!!!

24th Mar 2008, 18:33

I don't see where anyone can find cheapness. I agree it's not comparable to something like the new Malibu, but it's a CHEAP car. HHR is an economy car. It's basically a tall Cobalt. Check out the Dollar Store hard, cheap, hollow sounding plastic used in every Chrysler product and you'd think you were getting in a Bentley when you jump back in the HHR.