2006 Chevrolet Optra Sedan from Singapore - Comments

21st Mar 2011, 20:39

My friend's car has a problem with the headlights intermittently turning off. The high beams work and then the lights go off. She got a ticket from this happening.

The passenger doors won't lock and the window will not come down. I think these are known problems with GM and it is a shame.

This is a 2004. My friend was told it would cost 1400 for the module to fix it properly.

26th Apr 2011, 19:39

The car does have many issues, just got one and the dealership can't even get some of the problems fixed. I have already spent 2 grand and these are not a driver issue, but a messed up car.

24th Jul 2012, 16:46

Optra SW 2007 manual transmission.

I have the same kind of problem. All of sudden, the engine warning light comes on, the motor slows and has trouble with acceleration. This may last an hour or a couple of days, and disappears the same way. The dealer said it was a problem of a sensor near the gas pedal. They repaired it during the warranty period. Now at 140000 km, it reappears from time to time. I think I will endure it till the end, because the repair involved more than 3 hours work without guarantee!

29th Oct 2012, 11:55

I have a 2005 Chevy Optra 5.

I had this same problem in June and August of this year. I took it to my regular shop. After attempting to find the problem 3 times, they finally located it. I had to have GM reprogram the software in the transmission control module. No problems with it down shifting and stalling since.

Today I started my car and the check engine light came on, smoke from my exhaust and sputtering from the engine and exhaust. The 3 codes it shoots out indicate a leak in the air intake. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

20th Nov 2012, 12:01

I have a 2006 Chevy Optra LT. The driver's side window does not work. Have changed the part, opened up the door, but nothing seems to work. Any ideas? All other windows have no problems.

24th Nov 2012, 10:23

Hey everyone. I had written last month regarding the smoking from my exhaust. I ended up replacing the head gasket, water pump, battery, plugs, wires, timing belt and so on. It ran fine for almost a week, when it started stalling when I was at a stop. My check engine light is coming on occasionally with an O2 sensor code (P0133), which they had ruled out any problems with. Then last night it stalled 10 times within one block. I took it to my regular shop and they suspected the EGR valve. This was replaced and the problem continued. They have sent me to the GM dealer on Monday to see if they can figure out what is going on. In the meantime, I'm looking for a new car to get me through the winter.

30th Mar 2013, 16:11

I had this problem and it was a faulty sensor in the trans. Cost about 500 bucks to get it done at a trans shop.

I don't recall the exact name of the sensor off the top of my head... position sensor?? Something like that.

31st Mar 2013, 15:57

BALDERDASH, I own one and I have only had one problem, the rear window washer thing-a-ma-bob stopped working.

Add another comment