2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ Vortec Max from North America - Comments

12th Oct 2009, 13:45

Has anyone pulled a 5th wheel trailer with the Max towing pkg, and 6.0? I have a 30' 5th wheel trailer gvwr of 10,500...any advice will help.

12th Nov 2009, 20:54

I have a 07 Silverado 1/2 ton 5.3L 4'11 gears, I pull my 27 foot enclosed trailer loaded through the BC mountains occasionally, also my 32 foot bumper pull is 9800lbs, so it pulls fine with the gearing, makes a huge difference. Also I have air bags that work great in the rear.

The truck pulls good when the tow button is on, it's actually rated the same with this crew cab because of the gearing and set-up, as a 6.0l trucks.

4th Nov 2010, 19:46

I have a 2007 Silverado 1500 crew cab with the Vortec Max. It has a 6" Fabtech lift and rides on 35" all-terrains.

My issue is I get HORRIBLE gas mileage right now. Cruising at 65 will only get me 13-15 MPG...and that's on flat ground with a K&N FIPK cold air intake and a Magnaflow exhaust.

I am debating whether or not to add headers and/or change gears. Problem is, I'm not sure which gears are in my truck... I think either 3.73 or 4.11.

My MPG average is in the 10's when I take it easy, and I can only get 12 average if every shred of my concentration on the road is devoted to efficient driving habits. I know I have to drive "chill" to get the good MPG's, but I don't feel like it should ruin my driving experience.

Any thoughts?

2nd Feb 2011, 19:03

If you want gas mileage, you should have bought a smaller engine. You either get power or mileage, but you don't get both.

2nd May 2011, 21:20

Sounds like you know your the V max trailering packages. I just purchase a 2008 Silverado exten cab reg box, pre owned from a dealer.

I'm trying to find all the info related to the Vmax package. I have the v8 6.2 18" wheels LTZ. It has Z71 stickers on the sides of the box.

Can you tell me what all the upgrades are?

Thanks.

Billy P.

3rd May 2011, 20:47

I just purchased 2008 Silverado Z-71 extended cab 4x4 with vmax 18" tires. I was told it could pull 10,000 lbs no problem. I can't find any info in the codes that tells me I have that trailering package.

4th May 2011, 23:13

My 2008 Vortec Max LTZ Crew Cab ate a transmission at 14k. The dealer replaced, lifters have tapped since it had 26 miles on it and I use synthetic oil. The dealer says "that is normal" and that all 6.0s do it. Crap. Today at 44k, the speedo, while driving, dropped to 0 and the truck redlined like it was in neutral. I stopped, cut ignition, restarted and it was fine. 20 miles later it did it again. NO CODES! The dealer says he can't do anything without a code.

Ford here I come. GM!

18th Jul 2011, 14:38

2007 VMax with towing package and 3:73's. I tow a 31' lightweight trailer by Coleman. It does pretty good, but eats gas... Average 7 mpg towing, but this is based on running 70 most of the time. Has about 40K miles now, mostly towing. I think the 4:11's would have been a better choice, but I likely couldn't have afforded gas at all then! Anyway, it's a nice truck.

10th Jan 2012, 11:42

Is it true that pulling a 18 foot trailer with furniture in tow/haul will damage your trans?

18th May 2012, 00:28

I own a 2007 Z71 and I love it... I do know from past experiences to NEVER tow anything heavy in OD. Always in 3rd gear with the tow mode engaged (the button located on the end of the shifter). I pull a 9000 pound camper to S. Dakota, Nebraska etc. from Iowa, and it never misses a lick...

21st Jul 2012, 17:15

We would love to hear how it went. We are looking at the same.

28th Dec 2012, 19:42

I have an 07 V-Max. It has the 80e tranny, and it has a 4.10 ratio.

28th Dec 2012, 19:54

Wow, and you work at a Chevy garage? I have a 6.0 HD 1/2 ton with 4.10 ratio. 3.42 ratio, how did you come about that conclusion?

14th Feb 2013, 02:36

He's right. I have a 2007 Vortec Max with 4.10's also.

14th Feb 2013, 02:45

My 07 MAX 6.0 is fouling # 1 plug. All the rest are fine. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, and if so, how was it addressed? Approx. 45000 miles. Courtenay B.C.

29th Jul 2014, 20:54

I had the same problem. I had the #1 injector stuck open and the intake gasket leaking. The cylinder was full of fuel.

Add another comment