22nd Sep 2004, 00:24

What car have you got now? The time spent with a VH charger in England, U.K. was quite an experience. It had enough performance, even though it was "only" a 318 cu in v8 auto. {5.2 litres} the car even fitted in the domestic garage at home. No electronic anything on these cars, basic equipment, Remembering that thease are now over 30 years old. They are run now mostly as hobby cars. Retro engineering abounds in most areas of classic cars,to improve them. Enjoy them for what they are, mopar missiles, with the styling to match. magic.

26th Jul 2006, 10:59

I own a 1977 CL Charger 770 powered by a 318 V8 with auto transmission. I bought it 8 plus years ago with 103,000 kms on the clock. It now has only 132,450 kms on it. I am the second owner. It is a great car and a treat to drive. It is my toy. Let's see the Japanese make a better one of these.

8th Nov 2006, 04:59

Sorry to disapoint those who think that the old Hemi is not that powerful. Dynoed my old E49 spec engine in my VH sedan and guess what, 235kw at the rear wheels- good for low 13's. Too bad, hey. Sorry to burst your bubble. The Commodore/ Buick V6 doesn't have the design to make that sort of power reliably and unassisted. Of course you could modify that motor so it became a right screamer, but odds are that it will go pop. The engine block can handle only so much stress without bracing.

A friend of mine had a turbo charged EFI 4.3L hemi, and it was a scary machine to ride in. I don't recall the stats of this car, 1/4 mile times or HP, but they were somewhat surprising.

Note: Please research things before making your opinion known and bagging a very respected engine.