12th Dec 2013, 14:30

Hi there, I live in Johannesburg. I have the exact same car and the exact same problem, except mine does not cut off when I step on the clutch. Kindly assist me on how you went about with cleaning the butterfly, where exactly is it situated etc? Thanks.

14th Mar 2014, 12:28

Air pollution failure... It's happened to me. The engine just cutout. I need a new fuse I'm told!!! Not happy.

2nd Jun 2014, 13:39

I have a 1.4 16v coupe and the anti-pollution light keeps coming on!! The coil pack has been changed and it still won't start. The ECU is now being sent to England to sort the problem! Fingers crossed it works.

23rd Jun 2014, 13:46

I have had the same issue, and was told it was the gear box matrix that required replacing at a cost of £1700.00, which luckily we had mechanical cover for, but had to pay £250 excess, and when the car came back, it was the same within in a few days.

12th Jul 2014, 01:33

I agree with all the comments on this page. I would never buy another French car. Where I live in Australia, not one, correct, not one mechanic will touch it, so I always have to go back to Citroen, which is miles from where I live, and they simply do not have a clue what they're doing.

The brakes went a month after I bought it new. 7 times back to the workshop and they couldn't fix it. Fortunately a brake specialist at the time fixed it in 20 minutes. Since then I've had no end of problems with the EPS/ABS failing, coolant leaking into the cabin, a failed radiator, failed air conditioner, both of which were replaced, and just yesterday the air conditioning is now stuck with one outlet on freezing cold and the other one on hot, and as well as that, the interior dash lights won't switch off. As usual, Citroen have no idea what could be causing the problem, even though I've googled the air conditioning problem and it seems pretty straightforward to me what part is required and how to fit it.

The after sales service of my local Citroen dealer is terrible, and so I'll be going back to a Japanese car myself, as soon as I can fix this latest problem for trade in.

2nd Aug 2014, 20:07

My VTR+ 2 litre petrol has these faults:

Engine management light on.

Depollution system fault.

The car cuts out when driving; loss of power, engine stops. Then the dash lights up with hand brake light and ESP light faults.