13th Mar 2016, 16:21

I have a diesel C4 Grand Picasso 2008 1.6 model and I'm having the same problem (depollution system faulty). Called my local Citroen garage and was told to give it a good run on the motorway, which I did, but the problem still exists. I was thinking of having a go again on the motorway, but I'm hesitant now after reading some of the comments like breakdowns on the motorway. I will ring Citroen again tomorrow and see what they will say.

24th Mar 2016, 23:41

I have had the de-pollution fault light on and off ever since I had my clutch changed. The car has had numerous diagnostics and no diagnosis to fix the problem. Just had a long drive (200 miles) and the light never came on. Got back and the light is back on again. If you live in the UK, Halfords do a DPF (Diesel Particle Filter) clean and regeneration. This is where the computer is told to regenerate the DPF. I will try this out next week. At a cost of £35 it's better than the costs I have already incurred trying to rectify this problem. Worth a go if it fixes the problem at such a small cost compared to Citroen dealers.

31st Mar 2016, 19:04

Having the same problem with my C4 Grand Picasso Exclusive. Just put some DPF cleaner in, but the light still comes on and it loses power, but turn it off and back on and it drives normal again. I am at my wits end with this car; just one problem after another.

31st Mar 2016, 19:15

Tried the DPF cleaner mate. Still the engine management light is on and the message still comes up.

21st May 2016, 00:06

Oh god. I assumed when I got the antipollution warning on my 1.8 petrol model, that it might just be a faulty filter. After idling in traffic, the alarm goes off, anti pollution error, and then warnings about the hand brake, and loss of any ability to accelerate.

Is there a definitive fix for this fault?

27th May 2016, 14:33

My C4 VTS HDI has turbo, but only if I don't use it too much! If I do it drops out & stays out til I restart it. Think it's the electro solenoid valve, but it's a bugger to get to. Been told it's on the bulkhead, but not sure as yet. Managed to find the valve for £25, but it's a 4 hour job to change as the subframe has to come off. If anyone knows where it is located, please let me know as I may have a go myself. Gives me code p2565 mainly.

Any advice gratefully received. Thanks.

4th Jul 2016, 13:43

Same issue. Depollution warning light, and the car goes into limp mode. Had the coil replaced, runs smooth. Four days later, same thing and the brand new coil pack has broken. Another one fitted, the car runs smoothly, but my trust in this car has gone. Will it break down on the motorway, will it not start, will limp mode start again? Help.

2nd Sep 2016, 04:38

Can anyone please recommend an autoclinic around Johannesburg South Africa for the Citroen C4. While it's a good car to drive, it is lately giving problems.

5th Oct 2016, 09:29

Citroen C4 VTR diesel 2008, same problems new, 2 new turbos, 1 fuse board, 3 ECUs, still in economy mode with DPF anti pollution fault. Don't buy a Citroen; it's happening to all of them.

8th Oct 2016, 19:07

Glad I read these reviews etc. I have a C5 2.2 E mk1, which is very reliable but is becoming a bit hard for me to park at my late age I'm finding, and so I started looking at a smaller Citroen i.e. the C4 etc...

Looks like I'll be keeping her as she's nowhere near as problematic as these newer Citroens it would seem.

I do have the diagnostic gubbins/laptop (bought off that site, well worth having ;)) and find I can fix/reset most of the stuff that Citroen charges millions for, myself...

Thanks all.