2001 Daewoo Leganza SE 2.2L from North America

Summary:

This car is awesome!

I have replaced the catalytic converter pipe twice, only because the flex piece fell apart.

I've only had to replace the brake pads once.

General Comments:

Everyone thinks that you can't get parts for Daewoos. YOU ARE WRONG! You can get parts through Daewoo themselves at www.daewoous.com. Believe it or not, Daewoo makes the parts for Suzukis! I found this out recently. You can go to your local Suzuki dealer. My Leganza uses the same parts as the Suzuki Forenza, the engines in them are virtually the same, the only difference is the Daewoo version is slightly bigger. Any part I have needed for my Leganza I've gotten with no problem and cheap as well.

My Leganza is often mistaken for a Lexus or Infiniti!

My Leganza is a 5 speed and is very snappy, even in 5th gear.

Review Date: 12th May, 2008

2001 Daewoo Leganza CDX from North America

Summary:

A piece of trash

First of all, I had to have the brakes fixed at 31,000 miles.

Next, I had to have an oil leak fixed.

The air conditioner has gone out and I was told it is the compressor.

Now, the whole dashboard is coming unglued and is flipped up on top where the vents are and they have popped out.

General Comments:

I do not feel there is any way I could sell or trade this car and get the value I should.

The interior of the car gets extremely hot during the summer and winter, thus the problem with the dashboard coming unglued.

The seats are hard and uncomfortable.

Review Date: 22nd August, 2007

4th Aug 2008, 09:20

Hell yeah but trade-in it won't be much, but the best day of your life haha.

I'm thinking about trading mine in, but the thing is that it was pretty much a gift, so yeah I have to think hard about that.

2001 Daewoo Leganza SE from North America

Summary:

Nice little car

Check engine light comes on frequently. I have not yet found the cause the problem.

General Comments:

Runs well and smooth otherwise.

Review Date: 15th January, 2005

7th Aug 2005, 00:37

So far I have had no problems.

1st Nov 2006, 14:42

We had a Leganza for five years. It was a great car until it hit 130,000 miles and then it was all downhill. The water pump went out and we had a hard time replacing the part. Once we did, it went out again. Then it developed an oil leak. Then the windshield wiper motor failed and the mechanic could not find a replacement. The oil leak was beyond repair as no mechanic in my region could locate the correct part, and besides that, what parts could be had were too expensive to purchase. It was a fantastic car, but if you have one and it hits 130,000 miles, watch out.

2001 Daewoo Leganza SX 2.2 from North America

Summary:

Nice little car

Nothing major has gone wrong, mostly items of normal wear and tear.

The Kick plate for the fuse box comes off all the time

The passenger side front window motor was going out, but I had that replaced.

General Comments:

It's a decent little car. I was Leary at first, but overall I have been satisfied by it. It seams as if it wants to please me and do good. It does have some ummff to it. Step on the gas and we're gone.

Review Date: 4th February, 2004

2001 Daewoo Leganza SE 2.2 from North America

Summary:

Excellent bargain... bar none

The only thing to have gone wrong with this car has been the cam sensor. This happened around 62000 miles.

General Comments:

The Leganza has as much interior room as my Honda Accord did... but cost much less.

It has very quick response... even now with as many miles that it has on it.

Over all a solidly built car.

Compared to Honda Accord and Toyota Camry I saved over $10,000.

I hope the stories are true about gm rebadging them. because I would like to by another one.

I understand in Europe and Asia.. they have 2004's..with V6's.

Review Date: 13th January, 2004

14th Jan 2004, 08:05

For 2004 there is a V6 in North America, too--it's called the Suzuki Verona.

15th Jan 2004, 07:56

Actually the Verona has a transverse-mounted in-line 6, not a V6.

15th Mar 2005, 21:48

So,

I suppose it's safe to say that the Look-Alike Suzuki Foren-za is a modern day Legan-za?

Something told me... Look Closer!!

Nice car nonetheless.