2013 Dodge Dart SE Aero 1.4 turbo from North America

Summary:

Best mileage for any vehicle I've owned

Nothing to date.

General Comments:

This is the high-mileage version of the Dart. I got it with a manual because the optional dry-clutch automatic was in its first year of production, and I didn't want any problems.

Best thing is the mileage; I'm getting 40 MPG on a consistent basis. This is double the mileage my other vehicles are getting.

A couple of years ago, I looked at the Ford Fiesta, which also gets 40 MPG, but it is a much smaller vehicle. The Dart is roomier and quieter.

The engine takes 5W40 synthetic, and has a cartridge-style filter. The only work I've had to do on the vehicle is change the oil.

Review Date: 21st August, 2013

30th Nov 2013, 22:12

Good move dodging (heh-heh) the dual-dry-clutch transmission :)

2013 Dodge Dart SE 2.0 L from North America

Summary:

The best small car on the market today

Nothing, as it is brand new.

General Comments:

I'm surprised that nobody has reviewed this car yet.

It's a thoroughly modern, very well built, quiet, efficient, comfortable car with great handling and loads of interior room (especially for a compact sedan).

Styling is eye-turning, acceleration is above average for a 2-liter-class engine, and the vehicle has very responsive steering with nicely linear feedback (with resistance in the wheel increasing nicely as you turn it).

It comes with a load of standard equipment, even in the base model. I bought the base model with the "comfort" option that added AC, power windows/locks, and an automatic 6-speed transmission. It also came with Chrysler's Uconnect Base system, which does a great job of connecting to my smartphone and letting me accept (or decline) calls safely while at the wheel.

The interior is one of the best I've seen on any small car, and a HUGE step above the average in the class. It has a very premium feel, with soft-touch surfaces and a sophisticated, sculpted feel. The contoured bucket seats are among the most comfortable I've ever sat in, and have a great combination of grip and "give". Excellent lower-back/lumbar support as well.

Many people have commented on the styling and attractiveness of the car (which is in a deep "True Blue"). I have to agree with them!

Review Date: 17th June, 2013

5th Dec 2013, 15:13

I've always been a big fan of all of the Big Three. We've owned cars from all of them, as well as a few very poorly built imports. Chrysler, like Ford and GM, are the best in quality and reliability. My last Dodge was sold just shy of 250,000 miles. It was like new and had required less than $600 in total repairs.