2005 Dodge Magnum Reviews

2005 Dodge Magnum 2.7 from North America

First year of ownership2010

Summary:

Lots of show, no go.. 2.7L... love it

I bought this vehicle at a dealership with 129000 miles, with the check engine light on, and was able to cut a very good deal because of it. All it was, was the EGR valve that needed replacing. 100 bucks for the EGR valve, and a buddy put it on for $80, so $6,180 for a 2005 V6 Magnum with 129000 was not bad.

Key fob transmitter was bad, $150.

Visor clip, $15 ebay.

General Comments:

The car is beautiful! Very customizable. The 2.7L is not bad, but semi-sluggish. I have read about the sludge problem, but apparently it has been resolved with a larger oil pan, but regardless, I cleaned the engine and put in synthetic, and will continue every 3,000 miles for life!

The wheel noise is kinda loud, but I guess that's normal for 17" wheels.

Love the car so far. I would op for the 3.5L, just for the fact that the 2.7L is a lot of show, but no go...

LOVE THE CAR SO FAR.

Review Date: 2nd November, 2010

2005 Dodge Magnum RT 5.7 from North America

Previous carChevrolet Impala

Summary:

Best car Dodge ever built

I have had no problems with this car, but I have completed all maintenance per the owner's manual.

General Comments:

LOVE MY CAR!! It's the best car I've ever had, I honestly will never get rid of it, even if I buy another daily driver. I have plenty of room for kids, groceries, softball gear, etc. In one QUICK and SHARP car. It handles like a dream, I still smile every time I drive it.

Review Date: 22nd May, 2010

2005 Dodge Magnum SXT 3.5L V6 from North America

Engine and transmission 3.5L V6 Automatic
Previous carPlymouth Voyager

Summary:

Best car I've ever owned!!

Needed a new rack a couple of times.

Tie rod ends.

Windshield wiper motor.

General Comments:

No engine problems at all! The engine drives smooth, has plenty of power (can't imagine what the hemi would be like), and starts without a whimper.

Ride is smooth and comfortable.

For an American car, I have been very happy! Fun to drive.

Have had it for 5 years and 135,000 miles, and do not want to trade it in yet. Still looks like new.

The weak link early on seemed to be the front end.

Other Dodge/Plymouths I've owned have had transmission issues by now. Not this car.

Surprisingly good in the snow for a rear wheel drive. The traction control works well.

Review Date: 12th November, 2009

2005 Dodge Magnum SXT 3.5L V6 from North America

Year of manufacture2005
Engine and transmission 3.5L V6 Automatic
Previous carDodge Grand Caravan

Summary:

A great alternative to the mini-van that has been discontinued before its time

Warped rotors (premature wearing) and a misc. brake problem that I can't recall, but basically something came loose; but was repaired with the rotors.

General Comments:

Have owned the car since new, 2005.

Have high praise for the car. Very comfortable ride, good performance with the V6, not overly thirsty and handles nicely.

Repair costs have been low, especially for an American car, and especially considering the high use and towing I have put the car through!

Lots of towing room and power. Added roof rack for added versatility.

Very unique, very nice looks.

Since being discontinued, there are very good deals on these cars, and I can recommend buying one, as long as you get one with decent mileage on it and a good service record.

A shame more people didn't buy these, as they are a great alternative to the minivan!

Only improvement would be tighter suspension (may have been improved in later models, and definitely improved on the R/T versions). Perhaps nicer interior materials too, but American cars aren't known for their interiors are they?

Recommended add-ons:

Did a dual-exhaust upgrade on my SXT model, as the undercarriage (being the same as the R/T) is already setup for a dual muffler exhaust. Greatly improved sound and performance!

Also added CAI which further improved performance and mileage.

The R/T model I hear comes highly recommended as well!

Review Date: 31st July, 2008

29th May 2011, 19:21

I so agree with you! I love my SXT and have done many upgrades, grille, headlights, paint and mags. I'm gonna keep this baby forever!