1991 Dodge Shadow 2 door 4 cylnder from North America

Summary:

Cute teal lemon!!!

The catalytic converter was plugged and had to put new one on, expensive.

We found out someone put the wrong engine head on it, and it started blowing head gaskets and leaking antifreeze like crazy, had to keep filling it.

General Comments:

It was a cute little teal green car at first, but guy at work ripped us off. Sold it to us for $2500. It had higher miles on it and it had a little smash on the front fender, said he hit a deer with it.

We then found out he had changed the motor head and it had the wrong one on it and he denied the whole thing. So when it blew head gaskets we sold it for $300. They said they knew someone who could work on cars. They seen I had pulled up in my nicer newer beretta at the time a 96. So they asked if we were selling our shadow.

They might be an overall good little car if you know how it was maintained. But I, was so unlucky to have been sold a lemon! lol!!!

Review Date: 2nd January, 2007

3rd Jan 2007, 13:44

You paid that much for a shadow. You need help.

3rd Jan 2007, 23:34

Yeah we paid that much for a shadow, me and my ex. I didn't know as much about cars back then and I wasn't going on the internet to look for them either like I do now. I will only pay like $1600 or less for my next car!

4th Jan 2007, 17:01

Anyone must be crazy to buy a dodge shadow!!! ha ha ha ha! lol!!!

4th Jan 2007, 23:19

Shawdows are really nice cars. the end of the K-car was with the Spirits and the Shawdows.

1991 Dodge Shadow es convertable 2.5 turbo from North America

Summary:

Love it, will never get rid of it

Have not done a thing to this car in the 15 years I have owned it. Changed oil and filter like you should and new tires twice. never has needed brakes or rotors, clips still on rotors. it does leak some [can you say convertable]they all do.

General Comments:

This has been a great car.

Have not spent a dime on it.

Good power.

Good looks, people still ask me if it is a new car.

Review Date: 7th October, 2006

7th Oct 2006, 17:15

Wow!! if you only have 36,000 miles on the car now, you'll probably have it until the 22nd century!! I bought a 1990 Dodge Omni in 1996 that had 186,000 miles on it at the time. I bought it from a good friend who bought it new and drove it literally all over the US. I know for a fact that when I bought the car it had had only had ONE brake job and ONE timing belt replaced, and that was it. Nothing else had ever gone wrong with the car. I drove the car until it had 240,000 miles on it, and it still ran perfectly and didn't use a drop of oil. I had to put another timing belt on it, do another brake job, and replace one hose. That's it. NOTHING else. I sold the car for what I paid for it ($800) and bought a Mazda RX-7, which was a total piece of garbage and was ready for the scrap heap in less than a year. Chrysler definitely builds some of the best cars on the planet. I'll take one over the foreign competition any day.

7th Oct 2006, 17:59

"Anyone on here with complaints sound like the cars were junk when they bought them."

Good point.

7th Oct 2006, 21:40

I think these reviews were submitted by Lee Iacoca.

1991 Dodge Shadow America 2.5L 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

A shadow is forever

Drivers side window will not roll up without a lot of persuasion.

Hubcaps got tired and scattered to the winds...

Speedometer failed at 230,000 odd miles.

Replaced the cluster with a matching unit from junkyard. Now the car magically has only has 83,000 miles.

General Comments:

This car was cheap as it was free. Became very rusty in Ohio and delivered pizzas for years in Georgia.

Handling is slack, but good. Minimal oil leak. Interior is comfortable.

Outside looks like an abandoned vehicle. It has been in many accidents. It defies many things, as it can go very fast. About 26 mpg. Drove it from GA to OH and back without incident six months ago.

The 2.5 four and 3 speed auto is a good combination. Avoid 4 speed auto, I've been told. Faithful in my times of having no freakin money.

Review Date: 2nd July, 2006