2000 Dodge Stratus Reviews - Page 4 of 4

2000 Dodge Stratus SE 2.4 DOHC from North America

Engine and transmission 2.4 DOHC Automatic
Previous carDodge Neon

Summary:

I should have bought a bike as it would have been far more reliable.

Shortly after I bought this car, the transmission went out. Fortunately, this car was still under dealer warranty, so the four times I had to bring the vehicle to the service department, I did not have to pay for the repairs (or lack thereof).

Next, both rear axles went out (at 40,000 miles) and had to be replaced. It only took three trips to the service department to get this one fixed.

Then the resistor blew in the blower motor. After the third trip in for another resistor, the mechanics finally located an electrical short. However, this problem is currently ongoing, though the blower motor has been replaced.

Next, the front driver's side axle went out (at 45,000 miles) and had to be brought to them twice for replacement and repair.

Also, the brake lines were found to be rubbing on the tires (at 55,000 miles). More importantly, as the wheel weight came around it was actually rubbing a hole into both the left and right side of my brake lines. The dealer took no responsibility and dismissed this problem as a single occurrance.

Finally, at 56,000 miles, my air conditioner is now shutting itself off. Lucky me!

General Comments:

The only positive thing I can say about this car is that the seats were very comfortable.

This car was definitely not a good purchase and it has become very clear that the Chrysler Corporation does not care about customer satisfaction or problem resolution. The 800 customer service line is a joke!

I will never buy a Dodge vehicle again and will work very hard to ensure I warn others before they make the same mistake.

Review Date: 25th May, 2002

15th Oct 2002, 18:26

WOW -- do I agree with you!! I have a 99 Stratus and I am having SO many problems with it!! Let's see it's the transmission going out, head gasket blew, wheel bearing - need I say more!! I only wish I bought a bike! I only had it for a year! The Chrysler/Dodge company doesn't even want to hear it - they even told me they know it is a problem, but oh well - my problem!! Guess what -- I will NEVER buy another Dodge product and neither will my family!!!

2000 Dodge Stratus SE 2.4 from Mexico

Previous carFord Taurus

Summary:

Great car for the money

The fuel gauge got stuck at 1/4 of the tank capacity, I ran out of fuel twice because the fuel lecture was wrong.

General Comments:

This was a great car, I never had any mechanical problems, it runs nice, only the seats and suspension could be better, the interior clothing feels cheap and ugly, still we feel that we got a lot of car for the money, it was only $15,500 bucks. The brakes felt a bit weak, but they were enough to brake safely.

I sold it because I want to buy a new Stratus 2002, I like the new design over the old model, the fuel gauge failure was disappointing, but it was a great car overall.

Review Date: 30th April, 2002

9th May 2005, 10:19

I had just bought a dodge stratus se and so far in the past month I had to bring it back to the dealer 8 times in one month. THe ac didn't work needed a new wheel brakes and the air bag light kept comming on as well as the check engine light. also the car squeaks when I go over bumps? I like the car, but I wish it didn't have as many problems with it.

2000 Dodge Stratus SE 2.4 liter 4 cylinder from North America

Engine and transmission 2.4 liter 4 cylinder Automatic
Previous carBuick Skylark

Summary:

Great sedan, great value

The only thing I noticed is that the seats can get a little uncomfortable on long trips.

Transmission does make a clicking sound when slowing down, minor annoyance.

When cruise is on, somewhat jerky automatic shifting over hills.

General Comments:

For a base model of the vehicle the stereo equipment is excellent, with a full rich sound.

The performance rocks for a 4 cylinder, with great pickup.

Nice aggressive styling, when this car retires my next one will be a Stratus.

Review Date: 20th January, 2002

17th May 2004, 04:15

I really like my 2000 Dodge stratus SE, which I bought in Nov. 2000. It has been problem free "EXCEPT" FOR one thing.

The power door locks have not worked properly for at least the last year (could be longer, I'm not sure). I've had it in the garage at least 3 times, and twice shorts were found, and they still did not fix the problem. The last time about 2 months ago, they couldn't find anything and said they could tear the whole electrical system apart and might find another short, but couldn't guarantee that would solve the problem, and could cost me a lot of money in labor!!

Since then I have been getting by on fuses, which just keep blowing, some after 1 day, some after 1 month.

FRUSTRATED IN PORTSMOUTH, NH

LEW FOURNIER

1000 WOODBURY AVE.

Portsmouth, NH 03801

E-mail: Pianolew@yahoo.com

2000 Dodge Stratus R/T 3.0L Gasoline from North America

Engine and transmission 3.0L Gasoline Manual
Previous carChevrolet C10 Pickup

Summary:

A great sports coupe at a great price

Needs better lateral seat bolstering since it handles so great.

Top speed limited to 132mph by computer :(

General Comments:

This car is very fun to drive, looks cool, and is very very fun to drive.

Review Date: 23rd February, 2001

2000 Dodge Stratus SE V-6 from North America

Engine and transmission V-6 Semi-Automatic
Previous carChevrolet Cavalier

Summary:

Great car

The only thing that has gone wrong with it is that the windshield wiper sprayer quit spraying.

Shudders a little when idling.

General Comments:

I love the car. It is fast and reliable. I have put 7000 miles on it in 2 months and it is great.

The cup holders in the front leave much to be desired, but other than that... it does not have enough miles on it yet for me to really judge..

Review Date: 23rd February, 2001