1. Blown engine after oil leaked out behind motor and burned off on exhaust manifold. This happened at 90,000 miles. Replaced with a used motor provided by warranty company. Unsure what mileage this "new" motor has on it.
2. Replaced exhaust from manifold to converter- need to replace converter and rest of exhaust. All caused by rust from previous owner.
3. Transmission whines like it is hooked to a turbo. Been whining since I bought the car.
4. Front brakes occasionally squeak. Rear breaks also occasionally squeak.
5. Right after engine replacement, the wheel bearings went out on the driver's side as well as the brake calipers on both sides seized. Got them replaced.
For being a Chrysler vehicle, this baby will move like a (as my wife usually says) raped ape. If you are not careful, she can get away from you as she seems to have a feather-touch accelerator. However, getting her to increase speed is a little bit of a hassle as she tends to bog a bit.
I bought this car from a place in Harper, Kansas- called Harper Motors. Man, I will never buy anything from them again. They claimed the heads had been replaced and just over a month later, they blew as well as the whole engine. Thankfully, somewhat, I had the extended warranty. But, don't get me started on the warranty company!
After a month of craziness with the warranty company, my engine replacement came in. Now, it runs again. Only now, it has new sounds I had never heard from the previous. There is a sound like fluid slashing around, but only when the car is driving. There must also be a consistancy with the lifter knocking after so many miles as the "new" motor also has a knocking sound similar to the original.
The entire time I have had this car, there has been a high-pitched whine coming from around the firewall. Come to find out, it is coming from the transmission. Others have told me that it may be coming from the catylitic (sp?) converter. Reading another post, the writer told of similar problems that they had, which is making me think of what I am still in for.
The interior lights do not function as they should. One dome/map light does not come on at all. The other comes on only when you push the button and not when any of the doors are open.
The washer fluid tank is shot somewhere so it leaks out washer fluid.
The underframe rail on the driver's side have been bent due to someone setting a jack underneath.
I know spending money on this is costly, as it has been thus far. But, overall, I am happy with such a nice looking ride.