1984 Ford Crown Victoria LTD 5.8L Throttle Body Windsor 351 from North America

Summary:

Luxury/racer

Nothing really.

General Comments:

The car jumps when you step on the gas.

It can take a sharp turn at unbelievable speeds for such a huge car.

The transmission shifts as smooth as a baby's butt.

The seats are nice and comfortable. This car seats a lot of people.

I put this car on the dyno and it gets 405.2 horsepower at 5800 RPM and 392 pounds per foot of torque at 5000 RPM. I have smoked SUPERCHARGED BRAND NEW MONTE CARLOS with this car. I did this 3 time then I got "Smoked By A Ford Lately" on my visor.

I put a system in it and it sounds great. I've got 2 4" 2 ways in the front, 2 6"x9" 3 ways (4 drivers) in the back, and 1 12" subwoofer in the trunk. This car kicks ass!

Review Date: 18th April, 2001

24th Apr 2001, 10:58

Whoa... Cool car dude. Mine is the 87 LX in the reviews, the stoplight sleeper.

18th Jan 2002, 17:37

Your car has 405 hp when you dynoed it.. and it's a stock 84 LTD LOL.. I don't think so.. sorry, but if you have nothing done to it you're lying!!!

31st Aug 2002, 16:12

Yeah sure...

I have a '91 Police Pack, 351... it is quite powerful... but no way it's 405hp... plus, what is this throttle body thing?? The 351's had carbs.

12th Feb 2003, 16:23

Whats wrong with you guys up there! he said it got 405hp AFTER he dynoed it!

13th May 2003, 08:10

Well, I have an '84 LTD Crown Victoria. It has a 351/5.8 Liter 4bbl. It was made in Canada, I am pretty sure they did not sell this configuration in the states. I also doubt it has 405 horse, but mated to the slushy 4 speed and with 5000+ pounds, I don't know.

25th Oct 2003, 00:46

I also have a '91 police pkg. 351 5.8L and I don't think you could get near 400 with an '84 even with a turbo. I put a turbo in mine and I'm getting about 415 Hp. That doesn't mean that you can because '84's aren't as power efficient as a '91 is.

19th May 2004, 16:13

A 69 Roadrunner is not as power efficient as a 91 Crown Victoria. A 69 Roadrunner could easily smoke a Crown Vic.

23rd Feb 2006, 20:10

There is no way that your 351 could be pushing 405 horses stock. my 440 magnum 7.2 liter engine is pushing 380 stock, and I'm pretty damn sure my Dodge Charger would smoke your Crown Vic.

24th Oct 2007, 12:50

405 HP ON A CROWN VIC? 405hp stock on a Ford Vic... L o L... no such thing.

14th Jan 2009, 22:41

I have a 84 Ltd with two chargers and it still does not have 405hp, it has 380hp.

1984 Ford Crown Victoria LTD 2D 302 V8 CFI from North America

Summary:

Nice, reliable, pretty car

Die hard battery died.

Coolant hose leak.

Radiator leak.

Air conditioning stopped working.

Power windows are getting weak.

Headliner is sagging.

General Comments:

It's been a good car.

With exhaust and intake modifications it is much more responsive than stock, but it's still slow.

Looks good, no mechanical trouble.

Sucks the gas pretty bad.

Huge trunk.

Review Date: 30th January, 2001

1984 Ford Crown Victoria Police Package 351 winsor from North America

Summary:

Not bad

Well, at 191,000 and still running strong, I can't complain much. It has been in the shop quite a lot. I keep it well maintained.

General Comments:

Main seal leaks, common on this vehicle... also engine has "blow-by" Needs an engine overhaul. But hey at 191,000 who can complain? Parts are usually available new or from junk yards.

Review Date: 18th December, 2000

7th Jun 2002, 01:00

I was just wondering if Blow-By is a common problem for an LTD. I have a 1982 LTD, my grandfather got it brand new as a company fleet car, so the company paid for all repairs until about 1994-95 and I got it in 2000. There haven't been any major problems with it except the air compressor went out, so I don't see much point in doing an overhaul.

1984 Ford Crown Victoria 4-door 302 V8 from North America

Summary:

Lemon

Engine (piston rings), transmission, every electronic engine and fuel injection component known to man, head gasket, cap and rotor.

General Comments:

Trouble from the start. This was a nice car, the one out of 7 days of the week it actually ran decent. Once a problem was fixed, the same thing would go wrong about a month later. We never could figure out why it kept stalling and running so nasty. I know Crown Vic's are excellent cars, but somehow I ended up with a Lemon. The Transmission had this problem of a grinding noise and not shifting itself out of overdrive till dropping below 25 MPH.

The 302 V8 has plenty of power, even for such an old car. The ride was a little rough for such a big sedan. It also shimmied and swayed around curves on gravel roads at perfectly reasonable speeds. The 18 gallon fuel tank is WAY too small for such a big car. The heater and A/C worked very well. I wish I would have kept the '83 Regal I had before this. It had virtually no power with it's crappy 3.8 liter V6, but at least it ran good.

Review Date: 9th July, 2000

8th Nov 2002, 19:34

Hello, I have a 84 Crown Vic LTD, I have a 351 Windsor.

If I were you I would take the 302 out and put a 351 in cause your Dealing with a Heavy car and a smaller engine.

My engine is the best I think, ya put a 351 in.