1991 Ford Crown Victoria Reviews - Page 4 of 4

Year of manufacture1991
Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 5.0L F.I. Automatic
Previous carPontiac Grand Am

Summary:

A strong, reliable, comfortable, yet simple sedan

Not many things went wrong with the car.

It was a police car, so when I purchased it I replaced front disc brakes and bearings plus pads. Other than that just minor and regular maintenance every 5.000 miles.

Flywheel broke loose due to improper alignment after I sold it.

General Comments:

This is a great car if you want to treat your body and being humanely.

This car is safe, economic, fast and comfortable, with a hint of the old muscle cars...

I could keep up with Mustang GTs and Cobras on the road without a problem, and the search light was definitely a plus.

The police department left performance chip, brake system, suspension, anti sway bars on, so the car handled like a Mustang.

This car actually saved my life once. I was driving home in the middle of a fall rain and someone cut me off, but thanks to the stability and road handling capabilities of the vehicles, I swerved around the other car without a problem and I didn't loose control or skid at any moment.

This thing has a great factory stereo w/premium speakers.

I recommend this car to anyone who wants to get a reliable, but comfortable workhorse.

Simplicity makes the car so easy and cheap to maintain.

Review Date: 2nd March, 2002

16th Feb 2003, 12:08

I just had one question on the car. Is this a 4.6 CV or a 5.0.? I have one a 1992 with police package as well but, mine is a 4.6. I am wondering if Ford made a CV police package 5.0 version.

27th Sep 2004, 14:54

Yes the CV was available with a police pkg and a 5.0 until 1991 then the 4.6 was the only option. The 5.0 in the 1991 and older CV's is NOT a 5.0 HO as in the Mustang and there is NO "police" chip in them.

6th Feb 2005, 15:43

Not only did they have the 5.0 liter in 1991, but that was also the last year of the 5.8 Liter in the Crown Vic. I haven't driven a 5.8 crown vic, but our 93 econoline had the same motor and it was surprisingly quick. (for a full size van)