2004 Ford Crown Victoria P71 4.6 from North America

Summary:

A well made, reliable vehicle

Only a blown fuse so far.

General Comments:

For a HUGE car it handles like it's on rails. The power under the hood is more than sufficient for my needs, and I love the amount of room this car has.

I looked at other Crown Vics with less km, and they were in terrible shape compared to this one. I got a great deal on this car. It has a dual fuel set up for gas and propane, which is nice. I can get approx 400km to a tank of LPG, which costs $27. Can't tell much difference when running gas over LPG either.

When inspecting the chassis of the car, it was apparent to me that these cars were built to last! Everything is heavy duty and where it should be, aside from the rad being a little low.

If you can find a P71 in good shape (as per a mechanic you trust) you can't go wrong.

Review Date: 17th September, 2009

2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport from North America

Summary:

Absolutely great

Nothing.

General Comments:

I just bought a 04 Crown Victoria Sport with 30,000 miles on it. I contacted the owners of it, and they had bought it brand new. A one owner car.

It is dark red with black leather interior. My wife and I love the car. It is an excellent car for us and our two grandchildren.

The dual exhaust, console with the shifter, and bucket seats are awesome. A great car to drive.

Review Date: 31st July, 2009

1st Aug 2009, 20:54

A big step up from a Hyundai Accent :)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria P71 Street Appearance Package 4.6 Interceptor Engine from North America

Summary:

A fun, powerful, comfortable, all around great car to drive!

Nothing yet!

General Comments:

First off, it has quite a bit of power underneath that gigantic hood, its acceleration is 0-60 in 7.3 seconds, and I've gotten it up to 130 so far. (I know it can go faster!)

It's a comfortable ride as well, the suspension makes pot holes seem like they're not there, and the front bench seat is like a couch! There is also a good amount of head room, so it's not a problem if you're tall!

Gas mileage isn't the best, but it's not the worst either. I get about 20-21 mpg.

The best part is that everyone thinks you're a cop, even the cops themselves! Which sometimes isn't a good thing. On the highway you can blow by other cars with no problem, but on the small back country roads, you get stuck behind those well to do law abiding citizens.

Also within the first 3 days of owning it, I got pulled over in suspicion of impersonating a cop. (hence I was parked on the side of the road in a spot favored by the Orange PD when they set speed traps) Except for that, it's a great performing, classy looking ride!

Review Date: 14th May, 2009

15th May 2009, 09:20

20 mpg is pretty lousy even for a Crown Vic. You must have a heavy foot and spend a lot of time trying to get this thing up to 130 mph again.

16th May 2009, 00:02

Actually the EPA estimate for the older models is 18 City, 25 Highway. The EPA changed its MPG strategy at an unknown year, but it is after 2004, I'm pretty sure.

12th Sep 2009, 15:03

Doesn't the Street Appearance package look like a Civilian model?

1st Dec 2009, 22:12

I have a 2004 street appearance VIC P71, I can't bust 18 in town with it and 22 on the freeway and I drive the thing like an 80 year old man.

I could really care less about the MPG, I bought it for the reliability aspect!

20th Feb 2013, 12:31

The Street Appearance Package has some chrome trim, chrome grille, and a "Crown Victoria" badge on the rear panel, rather than "Police Interceptor".

The interior has real carpet instead of a rubber rug, and has civilian type seats with center armrests in the front seats.

The SAP is the best one to get, because they never have a spotlight, and rarely have any antenna holes.

So you get the benefit of the cop handling, without the implications of impersonating a cop.

21st Feb 2013, 10:05

Isn't "impersonating a cop" the primary reason 99% of these things are sold? What's the point of having one that looks like grandpa's Crown Vic LX?

Check out the "Police Car Sports" episode of "Top Gear" where they are driving three CVPI's that are unable to even come close to catching another vehicle: a Honda Odyssey MINIVAN.

25th Feb 2013, 11:25

But don't forget that Jeremy Clarkson is notorious for subtlety rigging the events to maximize entertainment value and make jokes about our auto industry.