Get a Liberty only if you love poor stability, gas mileage, space, and ride for a higher price
- Brake oil hose.
Why there are more of those blue pieces of junk called Liberty on the roads? The Ford is smoother, quieter, more spacious, better performing, much more reliable, and better looking, while being better on gas and cheaper as used!
- Good looking American SUV; it's hard to find that today!
- Reliable, quiet, smooth, good on gas, performs decently.
- Gets around 18 city and 30 highway. It's a FWD only though.
- Fully foldable back seats, great for carrying large furniture and profane activities :)
- Cheap American plastic dashboard, but it holds itself.
- Brakes are horrible and ABS kicks in with moderate braking. It's worse in FWD models because of the uneven weight distribution.
- More stable than a Jeep Liberty, but a shopping cart is more stable than a Liberty, so it doesn't count!
It does the perfect job for everyday uses, carrying lots of stuff, giving soccer moms a false feeling of security in an SUV, etc... while AWD models perform pretty good off-road and get better mileage than all Jeeps.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 1st March, 2013