2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4.6 Liter V8 from North America

A comfortable Suv, that has many problems

TO start the transmission slips.

Delayed starting.

A foul smell comes from the exhaust when running.

It randomly slows down or completely stops or loses all power.

It always tells me the door is ajar.

Horrendous amount of brake dust.

General Comments:

This car is very comfortable.

However the price of running it is very high.

The interior design is generally nice.

It does not take off very quickly at all.

The car is very attractive when clean and cruising the downtown streets.

However with all the problems it has I would strongly not suggest this car and would suggest a General Motors Vehicle.

Ford does not have as high of a standard as say Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac or any other car.

Instead of an Expedition I suggest a Chevy Suburban, Gmc Yukon XL, Cadillac Escalade, Nissan Armada, Chrysler Aspen, or Dodge Durango.

Review Date: 4th September, 2007

6th Sep 2007, 10:23

Right on!

Your comments were spot on. I have a 2003 Eddie Bauer (bought new in 2003) and it sits in the garage and only has 45,000 miles on it to date. I have had nothing, but problems with it. The dam door ajar chimes in all the time. It loses all electrical power and cuts in and out when driving. Also, the air conditioning does stink when you start it up. This is our second expedition and I would not buy another one again.

2003 Ford Expedition LX 4.6 from North America

Ford could do better. I hate that my buddy's rice burner is a superior vehicle

Rear differential leaked. Tried to get it repaired/looked at for warranty - dealer refused.

The front disk brakes warped. A local mechanic pulled Ford warranty notice, My local dealer was reluctant to repair; very poor service.

Less than 10,000, the new discs are developing the same shudder/wobble sensation upon braking. Out of warranty and the local dealer won't warranty their own work.

Chevy dealers have always stepped up to take care of their brand of cars and trucks.

General Comments:

I am surprised at the small truck feel of the interior of this otherwise big truck. I am six foot and there is not enough legroom while driving. I like the fold down 3rd seat.

There are not enough store options on the interior of this Ford; it's very spartan when compared to Chevys or Toyotas.

I'll buy an older Suburban or Toyota Sequoia for the next rig though - I have had two of those and they are superior in every way.

Review Date: 15th July, 2007

2003 Ford Expedition XLT 4.6 from North America

Uses a lot of gas, but there is no safer ride out there

When purchased the following things were repaired or replaced at no cost under original warranty: 1-side door lower plastic panel, they said it's a mfg defect and they fade right away. The new ones look great. 2-Both sides rear-view mirrors mechanism, they were vibrating too much. 3- rear ac (hard snapping/clicking sound when operating) they said it's a cheap plastic clip that needs to be replaced in All the units with a better one.

Now the car has no warranty and the airbag light flashes intermittently, then stops for a few days, then back on.

Passenger side front seat seems to be starting to break on the side.

General Comments:

Comfortable family ride. Handles better than the previous version.

Space behind the third seat is too small to be useful.

Ford is famous for having brake dust all over the rims, so It's of no concern.

It's good to have an SUV that the mechanics are not afraid of.

I love to be high on the road and see above all other cars while driving on the freeway.

Review Date: 14th October, 2006

14th Oct 2006, 21:37

I'm sure it'll be safe when it flips taking a turn too fast.

19th Apr 2008, 21:35

The only reason SUVs flip is because of the idiot behind the wheel, not the design of the vehicle.

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4 Triton V8 from North America

Great vehicle for any need!

Front License plate holder falls off every 10000 miles.

Brake pads and shoes replaced a lot.

Seats have been wearing and turning black.

General Comments:

This is an amazing vehicle.

It can take you kids to school, and haul the boat to the lake.

It is very, very dependable.

I have had 5 Expeditions in my life, they keep on getting better!

Ford's greatest make ever by a longshot.

This SUV is perfect for anything and everything.

Review Date: 30th August, 2006