2003 Ford Expedition eddie bauer 5.4 from North America

Summary:

Poor design

Ring and Pinion have a design defect.

General Comments:

I am not impressed by Fords lack of service. Four repairs to common ring and pinion design problem and they still have not made any offers to replace or refund my money.

I spent over $48k on this lemon and Ford wants me to just accept that the ring and pinion make a loud whining noise.

Review Date: 25th June, 2004

30th Jul 2009, 18:17

Rack and pinion.

Have Ford do a power steering flush, it will make it a lot quieter.

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4 from North America

Summary:

Well worth the money!

Nothing has needed to be repaired.

General Comments:

Brake dust is a problem with this SUV. Power fold mirrors would be a nice touch. Additional room behind the third row would be useful.

The ride is great. Handles more like a van /car than a big SUV.

Review Date: 6th December, 2003

12th Feb 2004, 13:57

I have a 2003 expedition and I am considering turning it in under the lemon law. I have had many problems with the a/c. after about a half hour the a/c starts blowing hot instead of cold. the dealer told me that ford has to engineer a way to fix the problem. I live in Florida, it is very hot here! needless to say the a/c is still not fixed. I have also had the side panels replaced due to fading (the vehicle is only 6 months old!) the cigarette lighter (game plug) is not working. I was told it was wired wrong and fixed, but it is not. they have fixed several more problems satisfactorily, but I am very tired of hanging out at the dealership. they know me there and when they see me pull up, they groan. I am tired of it!

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4 from North America

Summary:

A Vehicle you will buy over and over

The only Complaint that I have is the Front wheels rims get very dirty from Brake dust.

General Comments:

The vehicle is amazing. The ride is unbelievable. If you have the money spend you won't regret this purchase. Third seat is great. If you don't need it just fold it into the floor. If you do need it just fold them up and anyone can sit back there. I fit eight people in mine and tow my Party Barge. Personnal key pads for my wife and I. When I hit the unlock button on my key pad the seats adjust to my settings and vice versa for her. A purchase you will LOVE.

Review Date: 28th April, 2003