2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4V8 from North America

Great family sized vehicle that you'll be proud to love

Not one thing wrong it to this day.

General Comments:

This is my second Expedition Eddie Bauer with 4 wheel drive. I had a 1998 Eddie Bauer, and really liked it a lot. It had 92000 miles on it when I trade it in on my 2003 version with 4 wheel drive.. The 1998 model had some problems with it, but none too severe.

The 2003 one that I have now is great! It's much better than the 1998 model. As for the 2003? Well, it's got all the bells and whistles in it. Plus, it rides better than the 1998 model.

I must admit that the interior is quite luxurious that it's almost Lincoln like with the luxury features. And yes, it's great for the family who does not mind the high gas prices to fill the tank on this big baby.

In the end, you and your family will be rewarded with a great sport utility vehicle that is roomy, safe, very comfortable, and great for any road trips that you and your family want to go on. So, buy ne of these babies! Trust me, you will love it like I do of mine. I definitely will not be parting with this one so fast!

Review Date: 28th August, 2006

2003 Ford Expedition XLT 4.6 Triton from North America

Nice car overall

Front wheels get brake dust really easy.

The "Check Engine Soon" light is turned on all the time since gasoline is somehow splashing onto the gas cap, activating some sensor.

When coming out of low speed turns, there is sometimes a certain hesitation and shudder from somewhere, before it "catches" and goes.

General Comments:

The ride and handling are really comfortable.

There is plenty of power to be had from the V8.

The disapearing 3rd row seat is very convenient as it folds down when not in use, but provides plenty of space for anyone sitting in them.

Review Date: 19th March, 2006

7th Mar 2008, 10:49

I have a 2002; the A/C is shot. This is my 4th Ford car that has had the A/S go. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FORD. Overpaid and crappy American workers are giving us crappy and over-priced product.

29th Oct 2009, 06:39

Have you replaced your fuel filter? It also sounds like you need a new fuel cap. Aftermarket ones only give trouble.

29th Oct 2009, 17:31

"Overpaid and crappy American workers are giving us crappy and over-priced product."

If Americans were actually BUILDING those products...

2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4 Liter fuel from North America

This SUV has all the creature comforts that make it a real joy to drive

My only complaint is the excessive amount of front brake dust. My wife loves her 20" chrome wheels, but, within two days of washing it, they look black from all the brake dust.

The fuel injector went bad at 17,000 miles. I thought it may have just been clogged, but the dealership, which covered everything, said that it was bad. I'm still not for sure if it was just a fluke, or if it is a defect that I'm going to have to deal with again later down the road.

General Comments:

Although not the most economical car we have ever owned, it has tons of power and is very comfortable to drive.

The 3rd row seating that electrically folds down into the floor is great. An easy way to gain additional space for groceries, etc... Definitely a far better set-up than previous SUV's we have owned, with the heavy removable seats.

The leather interior and console package are fabulous. We had seriously considered switching to the Chevy Tahoe, but all things being virtually even, the interior of the Expedition won us over.

We have towed a 20 foot open bow boat many times with ease and can hardly tell we are towing it.

This Eddie Bauer package has many little bells and whistles, that although we did not originally care one way or the other about, we now really enjoy.

The memory seating, adjustable pedals, dual climate control, mirrors that automatically turn slightly down to aid during backing-up, backup sensors that beep and even turn down my wifes blaring stereo so she can hear them, the in dash six disk CD player, and four different strategically placed power plugs for t.v.'s, etc... Make this SUV great for traveling or day to day driving.

I cannot say enough about the convenience of the fold into the floor 3rd row seating.

If gas prices drop and the above mentioned fuel injector turns out to be a fluke, I will definitely hold on to this car.

Review Date: 24th December, 2004