1992 Ford F150 4x4 351W from North America

Summary:

A great vehicle for comfort and durability, but not good on gas

I have put over 70,000 miles on this truck in 5 years and have had no major mechanical problems with it. The most annoying is the gas gauge in the front tank stopped working.

General Comments:

Only 12 miles per gallon, but gas was cheaper in 2000 when I bought it. It just keeps on running and works great in 4 wheel drive in the winter. I have never had to replace many items and has never let me down.

Review Date: 18th October, 2005

1992 Ford F150 XLT super cab 4.9 liter inline 6 from North America

Summary:

Can't find a new truck built as good as the 1992 F-150

Regular maintenance- replace front shocks tires change oil.

General Comments:

Great truck, nothing has gone wrong with it. My truck is a 1992 ford F 150 with the 300 cubic inch inline 6 and the 5 speed manual transmission with manual overdrive. It has 161,741.7 miles and nothing has gone wrong. I hope to keep this truck forever.

Review Date: 1st October, 2005

1992 Ford F150 Flairside XLT Ext. Cab 351c 5.2L from North America

Summary:

This has been and is a wonderful truck

Transmission rebuilt at 90,000. Dealer said this was normal. Through the years I have replaced normal things, such as Batteries, Tires, Mufflers, Belts, Hoses, Plugs and Wires, and Shocks. In recent years I have replaced the Starter, Alternator, and Windshield, but never any major engine repairs. The engine has always been well maintained with oil and filter changed every 3,000 miles. Still runs great, Strong, and uses no oil. Gets approx. 15mpg.

General Comments:

I bought it for myself, but wife liked it so well it became her truck. She likes to set up high and will never go back to a car. The truck is white in color, garaged and hardly has a scratch on it. If we ever get rid of it. It will probably go to a member of the family. Every one wants Grandmothers truck.

Review Date: 16th August, 2005

1992 Ford F150 XLT 5.0 gasoline from North America

Summary:

Mostly reliable except for rusting

Replaced starter twice seems undersized compared to GM products.

Replaced ac condenser

Replaced radiator.

Rust seems to be a major problem mostly isolated to box fenders other 150,s seem to suffer the same fate.

General Comments:

I drove a 1980 Chev C10 for 15 years it was much easier to work on however every vehicle is much more difficult.

I bought my 150 used and generally like it.

The first owner of this truck ordered a big auto transmission. This has only had its fluid changed. I was told by the transmission shop that it is one used in cube vans. I can and have towed car trailers with full sized cars loaded with no problems whatsoever.

Review Date: 14th August, 2005

1992 Ford F150 XLT 5.8 V8 from North America

Summary:

Good all around truck farm or city.

Starter went out multiple times within a year after the truck was 6 years old. The starter in it now has lasted for about 4 years.

Truck has leaked oil from the rear main seal for the past 100,000 miles.

Front tires tend to cup out. Just recently replaced ball joints, U joints, and front shocks. That prevented the odd wearing of front tires.

Display light burned out in the factory radio.

4 wheel drive shift linkage is made of aluminum and breaks easily. Can be replaced with a newer style that is stronger.

General Comments:

The truck has held up very well for being as old as it is with that many miles.

It still has enough power to pull anything we want. We pulled a fully loaded semi in 4 low lock for 1/4 of a mile without struggle.

Review Date: 23rd July, 2005

1992 Ford F150 XLT 302 V8 from North America

Summary:

This is the best truck ever built

After I purchased the truck, I replaced the radiator (original was in it),due to a slight leak. I also replaced the exhaust with a Dynomax cat back 2.5 inch custom system. Also complete tune up (cap, rotor, plugs, wires, O2 sensor&fuel filter, also K&N air filter.

General Comments:

I bought the truck as a dump hauler, occasional trip to home improvement store.I've owned it for about 3 months, and drive it more and more. It gets 18 MPG and I had it dynod at 225 hp. I bought it from the original owner, who said it has never had any major engine/drivetrain work on it. Not bad for a 13 year old, full sized/v8 truck. I love to drive it and it sounds like a mustang gt.

Review Date: 22nd June, 2005