2000 Ford F150 5.4 from North America

Summary:

Worth every penny you put into it

I can say knock on wood nothing has gone wrong with either of my automobiles.

General Comments:

My Mustang Convertible 1999 GT is seriously fast. And that is bone stock, but now I have an H-Pipe and flow-masters installed, So I'm sure you get the picture. The Harley truck is wonderful, you'll always get a few good looks from this truck!

Review Date: 9th April, 2003

2000 Ford F150 wt V6 from North America

Summary:

I love these trucks

It is the work model and the seats are very uncomfortable.

It has a lot of road noise.

The engine is pretty loud.

The front seat has been replaced due to wear and needs replaced again.

General Comments:

This truck runs great.

It has a smooth ride.

Review Date: 29th March, 2003

2000 Ford F150 XLT 4.6 V8 from North America

Summary:

It rides nice, although so do the loaner cars

My head gasket blew AT 30000 AT 35000 and at 36000. My idler wheel pulley fell off at 36000. My power steering pump failed at 29000.

General Comments:

It rides like a car for a 4by4. It leaks oil like an AMF Harley Davidson.

Review Date: 25th March, 2003

21st Nov 2003, 18:47

I've sold both Fords and Chevy's, and I must tell you the Chevy rides 10x better than the Ford.

2000 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L from North America

Summary:

A high performance 4x4

The paint is very thin and easy to scratch. In some places the paint is so thin I can see the primer.

General Comments:

The truck has been excellent. The ride is very choppy and I think the shocks are poor. Going over bumps while cornering really unsettles the truck and causes high understear. The Chevrolet 2500 trucks are far better riding. The F150 can corner very well considering it is a 4x4. I can keep up to any average car in the corners at high speed. Very impressive. The 5.4L engine has plenty of power. Another complaint is the rough shifting of the Automatic Transmission. This could be improved. Automatic 4x4 is excellent and it really handles well in the SNOW and ICE. The Supercab doors are a real pain in tight parking. Very hard to evacuate the vehicle when both doors block your way. I wish they had a Crewcab with the 6' short box.

Review Date: 27th July, 2002

5th Feb 2007, 04:25

My husband and I owned a Ford F150 V8 Triton engine. The truck was very nice. Never had a problem with it. The 4x4 was great, lots of pull. However, my husband was in a fatal auto accident and the cab of the truck was torn from the bed. It literally split just behind the cab. I don't know if this was the first time Ford has had this happen, but beware.

2000 Ford F150 Harley Davidson 5.4 L Triton V8 from North America

Summary:

A sweet showpiece I've fallen in love with

Nothing has gone wrong with the truck. It has performed exceptionally and has been a pleasure to drive.

General Comments:

The truck has a very solid feel and a quiet ride.

The custom leather seats literally fit like a glove.

Review Date: 10th October, 2001

2000 Ford F150 Harley Davidson 5.4 from North America

Summary:

If this truck was a girl, I'd flirt with her all day

Nothing wrong so far

General Comments:

The Harley edition is in my opinion the best looking truck out. Performance is quite good, even compared to my Dakota 5.9 R/T.

I maybe getting old, but the interior is so comfortable and the leather set up is the best truck interior I've ever seem.

Dreams do come true...

Review Date: 8th July, 2001

2000 Ford F150 Lariat 5.4 litre V8 from North America

Summary:

Man's best friend

Clutch pack has been replaced and now is going again.

General Comments:

I tow a trailer in the summer months. It only weighs about 2500lbs, but I have no idea I am towing it power wise.

Awesome power.

I have the 4 wheel drive and it goes through mud and snow very nice.

Chicks love my truck!

Review Date: 8th May, 2001

2000 Ford F150 Lightning 5.4 supercharged from North America

Summary:

The Lightning is a tire shredding, gas drinking, 360 horsepower beast...

With my truck:

1. Faulty seat design (seat frame wearing through the foam and cover).

2. Faulty bolt in the upper control arm on the driver's side.

3. Rear window seal was poking out around the window (not leaking).

After talking with other lightning owners, future concerns involve:

1. Intercooler failure (a lot of owners have had their's replaced. Some more than once).

2. Piston slap (several owners have had their engines replaced).

General Comments:

It's pretty high priced for a truck, but, when you think about the performance (1/4 mile in 14.0 or less) it's worth every penny.

Don't be surprised if you get 10-12 mpg and have to replace bald tires every 20-25K miles. :)

Review Date: 23rd December, 2000

2000 Ford F150 XLT 4.6L V8 dual fuel from North America

Broken spark plug during delivery.

General Comments:

I love this truck and believe it to be the best quality vehicle I have ever purchased. I have 4 vehicles in the driveway and won't drive the others. My commute is 200 miles per day and I will only make it in my F150. I generally purchase GM products and this is my first Ford. It won't be my last Ford truck.

Review Date: 27th November, 2000

26th Sep 2005, 19:37

Dude I've got a 99' f150, xlt, 4x4, triton 4.6l and its the best vehicle I've ever owned. it has 117k miles on it an still runs like its brand new. id definitely recommend a ford f150. I know the next truck I get will be a ford.

2000 Ford F150 XLT 4.6 V8 from North America

Summary:

Definitely worth the money!!

Awesome truck. Handles well and has good power. Quite nimble and quick for a large truck.

Review Date: 1st August, 2000