2005 Ford F150 XL 4.6 V8 from North America

Summary:

Nice

Have had the starter, serpentine belt, 2 pulleys, and an interlock transmission switch replaced. Runs good, and other than a few minor problems like listed above, it has been a good truck.

General Comments:

Feels slightly underpowered. Add a programmer and exhaust. It sounds pretty good.

Love the 4wd in it.

Review Date: 1st February, 2013

2005 Ford F150 Lariat 5.4 from North America

Summary:

It's a good truck. If it was better on fuel, I would keep it

Ball joints replaced at 100,000km - 60,000 miles (normal wear).

One battery every other winter - it must have a battery drain, but everything is factory. I just exchange the battery every other year when it dies, at Costco.

The brakes felt really soft, so I upgraded to slotted rotors; big improvement.

The black paint came off the F-150 badge on the fender, but I like the look.

The truck felt sluggish when I bought it. Added an Edge programmer, and what a difference. I leave it in trans mode.

The buttons on the stereo have worn off. It looks bad but doesn't affect the stereos performance. I have had it overheat before and stop playing.

General Comments:

I want to say first that I am totally unbiased, and have no reason to exaggerate. We have multiple cars in our household, and they all have their pros/cons.

Pros:

This is a beautiful truck. I love the interior.

It rides nice and has lots of power.

The automatic climate control works better than in our Lexus.

The 6 disc changer stereo is excellent.

The heated seats get nice and hot.

It tows our 27ft camper trailer like a champ, with the Edge in tow mode.

The rear seats fold up instead of down. It's a great design, and makes for lots of cargo room inside.

Cons:

It idles rough sometimes.

The power steering whines, especially if cold outside.

It seems to go through tires quickly, but that may be my spirited driving.

The gas tank door doesn't lock.

It's hard on fuel (it is a truck). 12-13 mpg city and 16-17 on the highway. Again; may be my spirited driving.

If you drive 90kph - 55mph, you can get 18-20mpg.

Review Date: 8th May, 2012

2005 Ford F150 Lariat 5.4 V8 from North America

Summary:

Very good truck, will buy it again

Stereo sometimes is not reading CD's, sometimes changing from 4x4 to 2x4 takes longer time.

Other than recall services, I had to change only one of the front seal boots.

General Comments:

I'm very happy with this truck. It's been always reliable for me. Is good on gas compared to other trucks of this class. It's strong, fast and has a luxury feel when driving. My next car will be again a new F-150.

Review Date: 4th January, 2011

2005 Ford F150 LX 4.6 V8 from North America

Summary:

Nice truck, but let's see if Ford backs it

I bought this truck around June or July. Ford checked it out and told me the vibration was mostly from the tires. Well I bought new tires and most of the vibration went away. Still had slight vibration, but I figured it is a truck, they always ride a little rough.

Well about a month ago, I had a whine develop and the vibration got a lot worse. I took it to my mechanic. He checked the driveshaft, tires, wheels, transmission mount, engine balance and everything he could think of. He told me to have my tires high speed balanced. If that did not work, it was probably in the differential or transfer case. Turns out Ford has 42 or so TSBs on this model. I also had a problem with the truck not going out of gear. So now I have the transmission override jammed so I can get out of gear.

General Comments:

When it is not vibrating bad, it rides OK for a truck.

The cabin has been well kept, and the seats are comfortable.

Gas mileage is only around 14; but it is a 4wd and extended cab.

Review Date: 25th December, 2010

2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4 from North America

Summary:

I hope the new F-150s are better than this one.

Uses two quarts of oil between changes.

Blows smoke on start up even though this was supposedly repaired (new oil seals) by the dealer under warranty.

Passenger front door does not close correctly, but dealer refused to acknowledge.

The truck is uncomfortable to me.

General Comments:

The truck runs and tows strong.

Review Date: 6th July, 2010