1993 Ford Festiva L 1.3 gasoline 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

The best car ever!

The clutch gave out. It was due to my abuse. The parking brake cable rusted through.

General Comments:

The festiva is the best car ever. I have had 15. The average story is. I bought it for $600 with 100,000 miles on it and drove it for another 200,000 essentially trouble free miles. It is not slow. It is huge inside. I've met people 6'7" down to 5'0" who find it comfortable and roomy. I have fit a lazy boy in the back. I have carried full size motorcycles in the back.

The are the most durable car with the best bang for the buck ratio. I know of 3 with over 500,000 miles on them. If you buy one you will fall in love with it.

They are also very cheap to mod and make fast. There is a huge cult following. Just type ford festiva into google and see. There are many people on the web willing to give you advice as well.

I own a Honda Element and an Accord. The festiva is far superior to any car I've ever owned or driven. Buy one or don't. I'll buy the rest.

Did I mention 40 - 50+ mpg?!

Review Date: 9th January, 2008

9th Jan 2008, 20:16

This was my review.

The average Festiva gets 300,000 miles, and the average Festiva is purchased for $600.

I pulled a full size Chevy truck out of the mud it was stuck in.

The stock top speed is 113 mph. Compare that to ANYTHING in its class. Metro - not even close. Civic hatch - only if it's an SI, and then you only get 35 sorry MPG.

Festiva, best car ever. 300,000 mile average lifespan.

I've owned many cars and driven many nice cars, nothing compares to the bang for the buck. Did I mention the 12 second 1/4 mile time Festivas? Oops, it's so cheap to eat STI's and Rousch Mustangs.

We are about 2500 members strong on fordfestiva.com. We know the truth. Festiva... best car... ever.

19th Jan 2008, 16:25

1993 Ford Festiva L 1.3L from North America

Summary:

Best $50 I ever spent!

It hit a deer, so I had to replace the hood, windshield, fender, radiator, headlight, turn signal, thermostat housing, battery and tray, marker light, and a few other things.

General Comments:

Very peppy, ran fine when I bought it from the lady who wrecked it.

I drove it 40 miles to my house with no problems.

The only thing I've invested in the car is $165 to get the windshield replaced, and it runs like a champ!

Review Date: 6th May, 2007

1993 Ford Festiva 1.3L from North America

Summary:

Fun, little, really cheap, reliable

Radiator fan stops, but able to run the car half the summer.

Rear brakes don't work well.

Windshield washer pump died.

General Comments:

This is my second Festiva.

Not so comfortable, but a perfect little cheap student city-car. Not really stable on high-way, but so slim it can be parked anywhere in the city.

Cost me 800$, replacement pieces cost nothing, gas costs nothing, insurance costs nothing, and you won't find any car so simple and cheap to repair around!!!.

Manual trans-axle make it fun to drive up to 50km/h because the car is very light.

Review Date: 15th July, 2006

1993 Ford Festiva I'm guessing LX. 1.3 Liter Mazda Engine from North America

Summary:

Ford was wrong to stop producing the Festiva

The Thermostat went at 129,210 miles, but that is to be expected on a twelve year old vehicle.

The rear Windshield Wiper works, but gets stuck. They never seemed to function properly on any Ford Festiva anyways.

The doors sag a little, but it doesn't phase me one bit and I will most likely have a Mechanic tighten them down.

The Drivers Side Door Window is off track some, but I don't really care.

General Comments:

The car drives extremely well and doesn't leak any Oil!

She starts up every time!

The Transmission shifts perfectly!

The Brakes stop on a dime!

It's quite a speedy little vehicle, but I don't expect her to beat a Mustang.

There is minimal rust on it and the undercarriage is in near mint condition!

I find the interior comfortable with plenty of leg and head room.

The heat works great if you set the Climate Controls on Defrost.

I know I will be saving a lot of money on gas!

I bought my Festiva on eBay.

Review Date: 31st October, 2005

1st Nov 2005, 07:04

Ya guessed wrong, there was no LX model in 93, only a L and GL.

Giving a car you just got a 10/10 rating in everything is ridiculous.

Thanks for the "speedy" comment, however, that was hilarious.

1st Nov 2005, 19:30

Well, I wasn't sure because there are no emblems on my 1993 Ford Festiva which is a good thing because I plan on adding Kia and Mazda emblems anyways. I rated everything a 10 on the car because it has just been a fun and reliable vehicle to drive, despite what may be wrong with it. You have no right to criticize my review because you decide to drive your SUV all over God's Creation. Do not expect me to wipe your tears when gas goes up to $4.00 a gallon next year. I will simply drive my Festiva by the Gas Station and laugh at you hysterically. I will not even offer to drive you to the Grocery Store when your $30,000 SUV is sitting in your yard next summer collecting Foliage.