2006 Ford Mustang Reviews

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 4.6 from North America

Previous carMercury Mountaineer

Summary:

Great looking, engine is mean, and the 5 speed can take power shifts well

Front strut bearings went bad, causing a thunk sound. Replaced with revised Ford strut bearing, and the sound was fixed.

Filling it up at the gas station required flipping the gas pump handle upside down, otherwise it would automatically shut off. Didn't have any problem filling up at BP gas pumps.

Back tires are useless in hard acceleration. Watch it on a 1-2 powershift around a corner; the backend will swing out on you.

General Comments:

My GT was used when I got it with 6500 miles. Windveil blue, tan leather. I beat it hard. I power shifted first to second gear a lot. Loved the 5 speed. The clutch was awesome. Traction-loc rear axle worked excellent. Mine had the 3.55 gears. Traction control was weird. It really made for a strange burnout if you had the traction control on. Best to leave it off when doing any serious burnouts.

The engine is pure music to the ears. Pure excellence. 300 horses seemed pretty good. The rear tires are not wide enough and have no real traction in hard acceleration. The rear end would often slide out on hard corners with a powershift... but would come back straight like cracking a whip, kinda scary fun.

I bought a GT 500 hood, bumpers, headlights and GT 500 wheels and tires. The new Goodyear Supercar tires made a great improvement in acceleration traction and cornering traction.

I lowered just the rear of the car to get it to sit level with Eibach pro kit springs. Looked awesome after that.

Sold it to get a California Special GT. Loved it.

Review Date: 9th July, 2010

10th Jul 2010, 20:17

"Didn't have any problem filling up at BP gas pumps."

BP is good at filling up many things. From Mustangs to the Gulf, they can do it all.

2006 Ford Mustang 5 speed from North America

Engine and transmission 5 speed Manual
Previous carMitsubishi Montero

Summary:

Looks Like a Dream

Great SPRING, SUMMER, FALL car.

Terrible WINTER car.

This is a manual. I live on a hill. My parking space is an incline. I must use the Parking Brake. However, under 30 degrees and it's frozen. Cannot be un-frozen manually. You have to wait til the sun warms it up.

FORD says it's not an issue. Just don't use the Parking Brake in the winter. Um...HELLO! Shall I park in my front yard or just let it roll down the hill?

BTW, the one time I did park it without the parking brake - it DID roll down the hill. Into a truck, into my fence, through my gate. You get the pic.

Love the car until 30 degrees.

It's frozen today. 19 degrees overnight and I can't drive. FORD really needs to offe a viable solution.

General Comments:

Car is great looking, fast, sounds good. We've added custom parts to make it look better.

Love it physically.

Hate that darn frozen parking brake.

Guess I'll have to buy another car to drive in the winter.

Review Date: 6th December, 2007

3rd Jan 2008, 18:40

I tried to move my 06 gt after one below zero day with the parking brake up. the car would barely move (like driving with the brake up) but the brake lever itself was totally floppy with no resistance. its been this way for a day. wut should I do?

2006 Ford Mustang Premium Coupe 4.6L 3V V8 from North America

Engine and transmission 4.6L 3V V8 Manual

Summary:

Best sports-car in America!

One radio (Skipper 1000).

One fuel pump due to stalling after long cruise.

Many interior rattles, mainly in the dash and rear pillars due to missing insulation or fasteners.

A P062 code that the dealer can't figure out, Ford Tech Services says it is due to water getting on the MAF sensor, but the times it has happened it has been dry outside.

General Comments:

This is my first NEW car and I never even did a test drive, the car still had all of the white plastic on it from the transport truck. I used to own a '70 coupe and loved that car and this one reminds me of it so much with its styling minus all of the mechanical faults. This cars gas mileage is outrageous, I get almost 30 MPG (29.7) in this when I drive normally to work and home (42 miles round trip) and it's a V8!

One thing I wish this had was heated seats, that option is on the '07's, but it was not on the '06's, also the high-beam light should be red and in the shape of a pony like my '70 was, that blue light is way too bright at night.

Now being 23 most people would think that I race this thing around, but I don't, I've worked hard to buy it and it is now my baby which is why I believe I get the mileage I do, now with that being said you do have to exercise all of those ponies sometimes!

My cars specs:

2006 Premium Coupe

4.6L 3V V8

5-Speed Manual

Black exterior

Red leather sport package interior with brushed graphite panels

My Color instrument display w/display center

Shaker 1000 radio/CD/MP3 player

Limo tint rear window, 35% side windows

Chase turn signals (like sequential)

SS Inserts skeleton pony front badge

Power everything

Active Anti-Theft

17X8 Wheels & Tires

Tinted front headlights & fog lights.

Review Date: 27th October, 2007

27th Oct 2007, 23:40

It's nice to see a young person with a sporty car driving it like an adult. Good luck with it.