2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 4.6 liter V8 from North America

Summary:

A great new car ... highlly recommended.

Two plastic interior trim pieces were loose.

Auxiliary power point in center console was inoperative.

General Comments:

While not as high-tech as some other cars, the Mustang shows that proven technologies can still be used to create an entertaining car.

The Mustang's 4.6 liter V8 is intoxicating... providing ample horsepower and incredible torque. Surprisingly, I've been getting about 20 mpg in mixed driving.

Commuting has become quite pleasant in my Mustang. The driver's seat is supportive, and its bottom cushion is comfortably high off the floor. The interior decor is really entertaining. Yes, there is a lot of hard plastic in there, but it looks quite durable. One glitch: the stitching on the steering wheel is a bit rough to the touch.

Exterior styling is retro, tough, and distinctive. Even though there are plenty of them on the roads, I still get my fair share of admiring looks.

While its ride is compliant, handling can be a bit floaty. Perhaps its relatively high center of gravity is the culprit. Regardless, this is an extremely rewarding car to own ... especially at its mid-twenties price.

Review Date: 14th February, 2007

11th Sep 2007, 11:15

The Mustang GT is hard to compete against. It is a tremendous bargain in a beautifully styled and well built car, that offers performance characteristic of cars costing ten grand more.

Pontiac encountered a major problem in marketing their excellent Australian built GTO here because of the huge difference in price. All in all, no car currently made can touch the Mustang GT for all out value and great performance.

I'm impressed (but not surprised) that you get 20mpg out of yours. Ford has done a lot to increase fuel efficiency even in their larger and more powerful engines. Thank you for a great review of a great car.

2006 Ford Mustang Base 4.0 Liter from North America

Summary:

Wouldn't recommend the new retro Mustang to anyone

Weather Strip around the inside of the hood pealed off. (Dealer Fixed)

Air Leak in the back passenger rear window.

Would not easily shift into reverse.

Stick-shift boot had holes wearing in it.

Very loose door side mirrors.

Had to get front rotors cut after 1,800 miles.

Steering Wheel vibrated at high speeds.

General Comments:

This was a very flashy and Awesome looking car, but the problems I had with the car over shadowed the awesomeness of the car.

Review Date: 18th January, 2007

15th May 2007, 19:53

Oh man! That's too bad what happened to your car!

Keep in mind that the steering wheel vibration is actually normal. My steering wheel vibrates as well.

I also own a manual V6 Mustang and the T-5 Tremec transmission is hard. You have to shift it in 1st gear, move a bit forward and shift it back into reverse.

About the rotors, that is strange. My friend owns a 2005 Mustang GT, and to this day (5/15/07) he hasn't changed or cut the rotors. And it's his daily driver. Also, he races and competes in drift events, with the stock rotors.

As for the other things, seems like some unmotivated worker at the factory installed your car. That is too bad. I hope you have resolved your car troubles!

2006 Ford Mustang Premium Coupe from North America

Summary:

The perfect car for an 18 year old with no kids loving low price performance and ultimate style

Nothing yet.

General Comments:

First of all, the car makes peoples' heads turn all the time. Its absolutely beautiful. On the inside, the My Color feature that changes the intrumentation color, is awesome. If I'm sleepy while driving, i'll put an extremely bright color to wake me, if my passengers are asleep, i'll put a dull color. The parts used to make up the interior are hard plastic, as expected in an affordable car. I don't mind the plastic though because I find it easier to clean and I highly doubt the color will peel off as in other cars I have owned. The back seats are tight, but surprisingly comfortable, if you fit. I have never experienced any problems with visibility in the rear or through the side rear view mirrors (blind spots) but the hood is extremely long and from the drivers seat, you can't tell when it will end. The leather is comfortable and also easy to clean. The automatic up and down windows are easy to get used to and a luxury I now cannot live without. The Shaker 500 radio system is awesome and I really appreciate the fact that it displays the artist name, song name, and album name. The trunk is not huge, but it does fit my two guitars and an amp. The only drawback from the trunk is the small opening, but I don't mind compromising for the awesome design. The pony package adds the traction control which works very well, the fog lights, that add much needed light to the forward facing headlights...overall, I love it.

Review Date: 20th December, 2006

20th Dec 2006, 19:22

Meeehhh this review sounds so much like an advertisement it isn't even funny.

21st Dec 2006, 17:02

This alleged 18 year old musician better come from the Federline brand of making a living since insurance is going to suck up every dime he has.

21st Dec 2006, 22:42

You think you are getting a deal? Well remember that you get what you pay for. Ford has the absolute worst service and I hope your car is one of the rare fords that does not break down.