2006 Ford Mustang Reviews - Page 4 of 4

Model year2006
Year of manufacture2005
Engine and transmission 4.0 SOHC V6 Manual
Previous carToyota Solara

Summary:

Instant ear to ear grins that never end

Nothing so far.

General Comments:

I absolutely love my mustang. It rides very well, its gas mileage is decent (20-25mpg average). It is plenty fast, I can keep right up with any pre-1999 GT mustang, though I cannot beat them, I can surely make them sweat bullets for fear of being killed by a V6'er!!

There is more to a Mustang than just time slip figures and HP ratings. Its all about and American heritage. Its been around for 42 years!! How many imports can say that? A VERY fun car to drive, look at, and enjoy.

Review Date: 9th July, 2006

9th Sep 2007, 20:44

After looking at and test driving a lot of cars, my wife and I settled on a 2007 Mustang V-6. Having owned 6 Mustangs previously I knew that they were (in our experience) very reliable cars that offered incredible value at a reasonable price. We are very happy with our 7th Pony.

What finally sold us on the Mustang was the look. No other sporty car made has the beautiful retro look in a modern, high quality package at a comparable price. The power of the 4.0 V-6 is impressive and the fuel mileage acceptable (21) and expected to improve with more miles and some minor modifications. My only regret is the less-than-luxurious ride, but that is to be expected of all sporty cars. All in all, nothing we drive made a better overall impression than the Mustang.

10th Jan 2008, 22:54

I have now owned my 2005 Mustang V-6 automatic for a little over 2 years. I have put just over 20,000 miles on this car and have loved every mile of it. With a performance reflash of the cars computer the problems with the transmission (bad lag on downshift, poor response) are gone, power has improved significantly and mileage has increased to a best of 29.1 mpg highway. It still gets around 20-21 mpg city. Mod parts are plentiful to make each Mustang your own. I am 61 years old and have not had this much fun with a car in a long time. I think this is one fine car. You can't go wrong.