2006 Ford Mustang V6 4.0 from Puerto Rico

Summary:

A beautiful mini-muscle sportscar with a lot of hidden potential

General Comments:

This car has enough power for a V6. My buddy owns a modified 2005 GT and I can keep up enough to be pretty near him on the highway. The car really takes off with a bit of effort.

The SOHC 4.0 Cologne engine though being used with the V6 Explorer SUV, shouldn't be underestimated. It is a big improvement compared to the previous 3.8 engine. And overall, it is a cleaner engine.

Our 3.0 2003 Ford Escape V6 has about 200bhp, and the 4.0 V6 Mustang has 210bhp, which leads me to the conclusion that the Mustang's engine is still sleeping. There is plenty of work that can be done.

The engine bay is comfortable for wrenching and modifying stuff.

I've heard people complaining about the transmission noise, and this is pretty normal. The Tremec T-5 transmission is indeed noisy. I like the noise. It is a sportscar after all.

Shifting this transmission is hard at first, but you get used to it. After you break it in and after you've played with it for some time, you'll shift naturally without problems. Some people resolve shifting problems with an aftermarket short throw shifter.

Reverse gear can be a pain sometimes. I just put it in 1st gear, move forward a bit, and shift to reverse. This has solved my situation.

Also, the driveshaft is pretty weak, so if you plan to modify your Mustang, such as installing nitrous or any type of forced induction (turbocharger or supercharger) you might want to replace the stock driveshaft.

The steering wheel vibrates at high speeds. This is normal.

There is no button inside the car to open the hood, which sucks, but it is something you can live with.

The rear seats you can call them fake. This car is a two seater.

Enough trunk space.

The car has many blind spots, so you have to be careful when driving and especially when parking in reverse. Took me some time to get used to, since my other car is a 2002 Ford Focus ZX3.

Another flaw is that the V6 'Stang lacks a limited slip differential, which would power both rear wheels, instead of the current passenger side rear wheel. It is not a problem since you can get it installed if you like. It is worth it.

My car came with the Pony Package and with that comes with the anti-lock brakes and traction control system standard. I turn the TCS off and I personally feel that I save a bit more of gas.

I've owned Fords all my life and they have never disappointed me. This one is no exception. My whole family owns Fords. Ford did a great job with this Mustang. This is my first Mustang and my third Ford. If this car was stolen, I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

No car is a 100% perfect, and what I payed for, I am more than happy. I haven't had any major problems with the Mustang or any of my previous Fords.

Review Date: 15th May, 2007

2006 Ford Mustang V6 V6 from North America

Summary:

I do not recommend this car to anyone!

I highly do not recommend this car, there have been so many problems with it.

First, the door handle frame around the window buttons became loose.

After that, the cover over the light in the trunk broke off.

Then the part that you use to push the seat up from the top broke off in my hand when I pulled it one day. I was so upset.

Also, another thing was one day while driving, the driver side speaker started to sound scratchy because the speaker was blown.

Then one day I went to move the shifter that jammed up and did not want to move, and the plastic piece around it broke.

Also, when driving the steering wheel after 10,000 miles, the wheel started shaking and it's a horrible feeling. They tried everything to fix it, but every time I left the same problem was there, it never changed.

When ordering any warranty replacement parts, it also takes forever to get them in. I waited and had to deal with the problems being broken for almost three months.

General Comments:

This car is a sharp looking car.

The seats are a great design.

I like how the dash lights can change so many colors.

It picks up speed very fast.

Review Date: 22nd April, 2007

29th Sep 2008, 21:25

One thing, this young person should remember is in domestics you have to gradually break them in, not break them. I have an 05 with about the same mileage and no problems ever.

Sounds like no care is taken not even putting stuff in the trunk. Some dudes are like that..