1991 Ford Taurus from North America
A decent starter car, but not very trustworthy for longer trips
Since I have had the car, I have had to replace the following:
- windshield wipers.
- a mechanism inside the steering wheel column that prevented the windshield wipers from working.
- the rear license plate light.
- the battery.
The cruise control is faulty - the Check Engine light comes on every time I try to use cruise control. I have not yet had this fixed.
- The paint job is extremely faded due to the sun.
- The car has several rust spots and scratches on it.
- The bottom rubber liner to the front driver's side door is constantly coming loose and hanging outside of the car.
I've had to have relatively few and minor repairs made to the car, but it isn't in very good shape.
It was/is my very first car, and it does a good job of getting me back and forth to high school across town and for short trips.
However, I would not trust it to take me back and forth to my university two hours away, and am currently looking for a replacement car.
On the up side, it doesn't take much gas to fill it up.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Don't Know
Review Date: 6th August, 2004