2003 Ford Taurus Reviews - Page 3 of 5

2003 Ford Taurus SES V6 from North America

Engine and transmission V6 Automatic
Previous carFord Taurus

Summary:

Comfortable, safe, and a good value

The only thing that has really gone wrong with this car so far is the fan in the car. The A/C & heating work, but the fan the blows it into the cabin doesn't work anymore.

General Comments:

For the price, this is a great car. Its very comfortable and roomy on the inside.

The car is powerful for what it is and can be fun to drive. Doesn't handle like a sports car, but it's not suppose to anyway.

My family has been driving this car pretty hard this year and have had no major problems come from it.

Review Date: 12th July, 2006

2003 Ford Taurus Centennial 3.0 24v Duratec from North America

Engine and transmission 3.0 24v Duratec Automatic
Distance when acquired42000 miles
Previous carFord Taurus

Summary:

Nice, roomy, and powerful, but not a sports car

Fuel system needed to be cleaned due to poor gas mileage.

Window regulator replaced at 47,000.

General Comments:

This Taurus is my 3rd so I have to be pretty satisfied with the car. It is sharp with the black clear-coat and alloy rims. The car has all the creature comforts including: parchment leather seats, power everything, power sunroof, alarm, and a six-disc CD changer. The Taurus handles well, but could be a little tighter taking the turns. Perhaps a sport-tuned suspension would do the trick. I have to say that I am not dissatisfied with the gas mileage as of late. I'm getting 30+ miles per gallon on the highway and still getting in the low 20's on average. Anyone wanting to buy a Taurus used should purchase a service warranty with it just to be on the safe side.

Review Date: 1st June, 2006

2003 Ford Taurus SEL 3.0L V6 from North America

Engine and transmission 3.0L V6 Automatic
Previous carFord Aerostar

Summary:

Worst new car ever!! Avoid!!

Too many to name for a new car, that's for sure...

Needs a new transmission!!! (January 2006)

Various dash pieces broke off or cracked.

Dash knobs pop right off (ac, vents)

Lots of rattles and shakes/wind noise is terrible.

The headlights like to burn out a LOT.

General Comments:

I bought this Taurus because I liked my old Aerostar so much, but the quality of this vehicle just proves why Ford is going downhill so fast.

Just this month, only after 3 years of owning the car, a "seal" in the transmission blew out and left me stranded in the mountains-literally. The car lost all power, began shifting erratically. I pulled over and smoke was coming from the front grille and transmission fluid was SPRAYING out from under the car!! AAA towed the car to a local garage where the mechanic told me the transmission was basically DOA. I should have pushed the Taurus right off the mountain when I had the chance.

THIS IS A BRAND NEW CAR!!!

I ended up renting a car (Chevy Impala) to finish my business trip and took that car back home with me.

I then had AAA tow the Taurus to a local Ford "store" where it now sits in limbo. Go figure...

Although my rented Impala is decent, I think I will just get a Camry or Accord when the Taurus is finally gone.

I'm through with Ford once and for all... good luck.

Review Date: 22nd January, 2006

15th Apr 2006, 10:17

We have a 2003 Ford Taurus Sel, and it runs and shifts fine. It has 31,000 miles on it. It has had no light problems or anything. We have had zero problems and the build quality is excellent. You must have got a lemon.

12th Feb 2007, 18:19

Just one thing, OK at that mileage and age I'm sorry that happened, but warranty should cover it, At least It would in Canada. But had to say It's not a new car!!

2nd Jun 2008, 17:45

Even though it's not a "NEW" car anymore, 40K miles is too early to be replacing a transmission.

24th Jun 2008, 20:54

Well I have one too, and without warning, one second it's running like usual, and then nothing. We have had our piece of junk for about a 10 months and 20,00 miles; a total waste!! Never again FORD!!