2003 Ford Taurus SES 3.0 duratec from North America

Summary:

I wish I had 20 of these cars

Rear strut stabilizer bar replaced at 115,000 miles.

Starting to rust on rear quarter panel in wheel well.

General Comments:

Never failed me. Ever.

One failure of a rear stabilizer bar fixed for 100 dollars at neighborhood mechanic.

Comfortable.

Extremely reliable.

Good gas mileage.

Safe.

Review Date: 14th February, 2009

2003 Ford Taurus SES Sport 3.0 Duratec 24 V from North America

Summary:

This is an awesome vehicle!

Anti theft system was not allowing the car to start.

Tie rod ends replaced following a knocking sounds in the front end, and ower oil pan gasket leaked; both at 43K miles.

Right front CV boot leaking grease all over the right front rotor and brake pads at 20,400 miles.

General Comments:

I love my Taurus SES Sport.

The 200 HP Duratec V6 has plenty of get up, but also is not a gas hog.

This is a sporty Taurus with the floor shifter, black and silver two tone seats, blacked out grille and nice alloys.

This is a perfect sized vehicle. There's plenty of room both front and back, and it's a great car for road trips. This 6 footer feels very comfortable driving it on long trips.

Review Date: 28th April, 2008

2003 Ford Taurus sel duratech V6 from North America

Summary:

Great value for the money

Water leak and replaced 6 disc cd.

General Comments:

Absolute best car value for the money. Comfort, ride acceleration, room, even rear seats are comfortable. very cold AC. looks like a lot more car than it is.

Review Date: 21st September, 2007

2003 Ford Taurus Regular from North America

Summary:

Comfortable, but too many glitches

Every door has had problems either latching... or the entire interior side falling off. Literally, every door.

The passenger side under the dashboard flooded every time it rained, once leaving 2 inches of water in my car. Got that fixed under the warranty right before the warranty expired. Soon after it began to do it again, so I took it back to the Ford shop that fixed it, and they refused to fix it again, even though they should have fixed it the first time. It created problems with my heat blower, which they said they fixed the first time they fixed the car, but it still makes the same annoying buzzing noise.

Ever since I got the car, the transmission slips. It has begun to smoke 4 times under the hood after driving it. The smoke would clear, and when we'd start the car back up, it would stop and the dealer couldn't figure out what was wrong with it the first time, I took it to another place, who couldn't locate the problem either. Fortunately it hasn't done it for about 6 months now.

Three times in the past 4 months my car would not start. We would have to leave it alone for like a half an hour and then it would finally start, after mild heart attacks thinking we were going to have to foot another car repair bill.

General Comments:

I'm just having way too many scares with this car, ever since I got it, when it did not have very many miles on it. I baby it, so it's not like I treat it poorly.

Perhaps your company should check out the problems I have stated and see if they can be prevented on future models.

If those problems had not occurred, I love everything else about it. It is the most comfortable car I have ever driven interior wise, and if I wasn't so afraid of more defects with other Fords, I would surely purchase one as my next car.

Review Date: 17th January, 2007

17th Apr 2008, 22:17

I bought a 2003 Taurus SE brand new. I was the only owner and it has sure cost me some money. I've had 2 fuel pumps, a starter, the brakes had to be done 4 times in 4 years and they still squeal like crazy. On the drivers side, when it rained my feet would get wet, the transmission slips when it kicks into 3rd gear, when its cold it runs terribly, I also had a radiator leak. The car ran perfect until it hit 60,000 miles, then all this happened at once. On a good note, it handles excellently. I've had many vehicles but this by far was the easiest to control. It didn't have very good pick up but it's a taurus. The nice thing is that every problem was not complicated to fix, I was familiar with all the work that needed to be done. It was an OK car. If I could have avoided 3 tow trucks in one month (76,000-79,000 miles) I would rank this car highly.

I hated the car when all these problems occured at once. 2 Days after the last tow truck a woman ran a red light and totalled that taurus... I thought of it as a relief seeing that it needed a new brake job and the transmission needed work.