2003 Ford Taurus Reviews - Page 4 of 5

Model year2003
Year of manufacture2002
Engine and transmission 3.0L OHV Vulcan V6 Automatic
Previous carPontiac Bonneville

Summary:

Great car at a great price

Nothing has gone wrong with this car, except the usual problems that come with buying a used car.

General Comments:

This is my 2nd car and my first Ford. Coming from a large GM family, I came under a little criticism for buying my Taurus. I have changed the opinions of some of my family when they realized that it is a very comfortable and reliable car.

The acceleration and performance of the 155hp Vulcan V6 is actually very good, about the same as my previous car, a 1996 Pontiac Bonneville SE. The seats are very comfortable, but the Bonneville's seats were much more comfy, if you've owned a Bonneville you probably understand.

I really have had to make no repairs to it other than what it needed when I bought it. I had to replace the tires, brakes, air filter, and spark plugs. I understand the previous owner just didn't take care of it well and let everything become worn when he sold it. But since I've done that I really haven't had any problems with the car. The only thing I have to complain about is the poor gas mileage it gets, 15mpg in the city on average. But I still have yet to figure out why it is like that.

Overall, I would highly recommend this car and would buy another one in the future.

Review Date: 6th December, 2005

10th Aug 2006, 19:58

Wow you think the power is the same in your Taurus as it was in your Bonneville think again I wish I hadn't got rid of mine for my Taurus, but I had 287,000 problem free rust free miles with my Bonneville, but it was time to go I really wish I would have held out for another Bonneville, but I can't beat the price of my Taurus, but still its no Pontiac.

16th Jun 2007, 14:50

I have this model and year of Taurus and it now has 107,000 miles on it with only minor repair/maintenance problems. I have done routine maintenance and just done some additional minor repairs (stabilizer bar link, transmission and coolant maintenance and had the rotors turned). I think the car has done excellent and have had it 4 years buying it with 18,000 miles on it. My daughter has an 01 with over 150,000 miles and still going strong. Good car with a decent price.

9th Sep 2008, 21:37

I have an 02 SES and we love it! As long as it is treated right, there are no problems and much easier and less annoying than a Toyota Camry for sure!

4th Dec 2009, 23:31

My 03 Ford Taurus has no problem. It now has 102,000 miles on it. I noticed it was not much power till I change Bosch 4 points spark plugs and Bosch wires on 3.0, and put on a K and N air filter. Wow, drives like sport car. I get about 34 miles per gallon on highway. 31 in city. Very impressed with it.

2003 Ford Taurus SEL 3.0 OHV from North America

Year of manufacture2003
Engine and transmission 3.0 OHV Automatic

Summary:

Super Value and safe

This is my first car. I got the car new.

Water is getting in front driver's headlight.

Air-Bag light on when car was new. Dealer fixed.

Sometimes the car will sputter and act as if it doesn't want to take off, but it has never died.

General Comments:

Excellent MPG on Highway 32

City 20mpg.

Very much room in car and trunk area.

Very nice seats and controls.

Excellent drive on snow and mud roads.

Good car, just keeps on going.

Got new with leather for only $16000- which includes a premium 100000-mile warranty and free oil changes for as long as I own the car.

Nice Car. Very good looks.

Review Date: 30th March, 2005

2003 Ford Taurus SE Vulcan V6 from North America

Model year2003
Year of manufacture2003
Engine and transmission Vulcan V6 Automatic
Previous carGMC Jimmy

Summary:

For someone who normally trades every 18-24 months, I'm keeping this one for a while

I've had very few maintenance or integrity issues with this car. I believe the front rotors to be slightly warped and the Continental brand tires are out of round. The car has been returned to the dealer twice for recall work, but no problems were noted prior to the recall notification.

I've found the interior cloth seating is susceptible to wear and easy to blemish, as also described by another reviewer.

General Comments:

This is one of four Taurus' our family purchased in May 2003. We have had very good experiences. This particular car averages 31 miles per gallon with mostly Interstate driving and occasional short-distance and city mileage. This car is a huge improvement over the vehicle it replaced (GMC Jimmy) in mechanical integrity and comfort. While I wouldn't recommend against manufacturer's suggested maintenance, I do run fully synthetic oil changed at 10,000 mile intervals and 87 octane. The engine runs extremely smooth and quiet with no indication of wear or power compromise.

Review Date: 17th March, 2005