1991 Honda Accord Reviews - Page 2 of 20

First year of ownership2010
Engine and transmission Manual
Most recent distance200000 miles
Previous carFord Focus

Summary:

I am so lucky to have this car!

Left tie rod replaced.

Right axle replaced.

Rotor and cap replaced after plastic started splitting apart from faulty old screws.

Leak from windshield wiper fluid.

Antenna doesn't work.

Really bad water leaks in the trunk when it rains.

Brake lamp light and one dim, faulty (yet working) brake light rear left.

Fuel pump misdiagnosed, but runs better with new one (still had the original).

Really annoying sound when I go over bumps and stuff (loud, deep squeak, like something bumping the ground below).

General Comments:

IN LOVE! I had a 2006 Focus before; a POS.

The Accord and I are the same age (both are 91 models!) and I LOVE IT! Bargained it from 2700 to $950, and totally worth it. Sure I have to put a few bucks in on making it run, but if the car died today, I would rebuild it instead of buying a new one.

You just don't find things made this unbelievably crafted anymore. Recommend this car to ANYONE. Always a good starter car, and as you can see if you drive down the street, every other person must feel the same 'cause they're all driving them too. And no discrimination, everybody respects these wonderful cars.

Review Date: 2nd October, 2010

4th Oct 2010, 22:10

Couldn't agree more. I have a 92 Accord and my nephew has a 90 Accord. There are plenty of them still on the road and will easily go over 350000 kms on the same engine and transmission if properly maintained.

Fun to drive, super reliable. The only drawbacks are wind noise at highway speeds and bit of a jerky transmission.

Otherwise a keeper. Enjoy!

1991 Honda Accord LX 2.2L inline 4 cylinder from North America

Engine and transmission 2.2L inline 4 cylinder Manual
Previous carSuzuki Swift

Summary:

When the Energizer Bunny stops running, this engine will still be running

Alternator.

Door stopped opening.

1 axle to replace.

Radiator.

Main relay.

Exterior paint looked horrible after so many years exposed to the Texas sun.

General Comments:

Despite the few minor things that went wrong with this car (to be expected from such an old car), it was always kind of cheap to get it fixed.

The engine seems unstoppable! I reached 265,000 miles, and I'm sure this engine could have gone to 500,000. And it was still running like it was brand new, very solid.

Overall a perfectly designed car, very comfortable, fun to drive, and amazing fuel economy on highway (I once did 500 miles on a single tank, and it's not such a big tank)

Review Date: 20th August, 2010

1991 Honda Accord EX 2.2L F22A4 from North America

Engine and transmission 2.2L F22A4 Manual
Previous carFord Ranger

Summary:

Shoulda' Boughta' Honda!

Typical things.. tires, brakes, timing belts, radiator, axles, clutch, battery, hoses, ball joints, etc.

I did a lot of preventative maintenance. If it looked original, I replaced it. 30W every 3,000k with a quart of Lucas Stabilizer.

General Comments:

Let me down one time due to a dead battery.. Luckily it's stick, I just bumped it. I would buy another one in heartbeat.. Taking it's not wrecked, hacked to s%&t, or riced out.

Review Date: 3rd June, 2010

1991 Honda Accord LX 4 cylinder from North America

First year of ownership1991
Engine and transmission 4 cylinder Automatic
Previous carToyota Pickup

Summary:

I don't see how you could expect better service from any automobile, overall, than this car

This car was bought new by my brother. My mother then bought it from him, and I recently bought it from her. The car has had two timing belts and only two batteries that I know of. I have never known the car to leave any of us stranded. The water pump went out one time and the radiator had to be replaced.

I just had the timing belt changed at 166,000, and at the same time had cam gaskets and valves adjusted. There has been only one mechanic work on this car, and he works only on Honda. The car had not been tuned up since 2001, and still got 33 MPG on a long trip. Now that it has new plugs, new transmission fluid, and a new timing belt and water pump, I would not be afraid to drive it anywhere in the U.S. It shifts smoothly and runs great. My mechanic told me he routinely does work on these cars with in excess of 300,000 miles on them.

This one has been garage kept and the paint still looks good for a 20 yr. old car. The original wheel covers have long since been gone and I hit a curb and had to replace a rim and CV boot... but it didn't even knock it out of alignment. All the work I mentioned above still only cost me $900. I fully expect this car to make it another 20 yrs.

General Comments:

The car is plenty quick enough for a 4 passenger sedan due to its 4 speed automatic and 16 valve engine. It corners nice and flat, and feels very stable at higher speeds.

Review Date: 23rd May, 2010