1991 Honda Accord Reviews - Page 3 of 20

1991 Honda Accord EX F22 from North America

Engine and transmission F22 Automatic

Summary:

Proud to call it my first car! Would get another one!

RPM when idle shudders badly when it comes to a stop.

Steering wheel makes a squeaky noise when turning hard.

General Comments:

It starts up quick, gotta love those Honda starters.

Car has about 187k, but still feels like new!

This car can really haul ass!

Like any car, it has its share of problems, but if fixed quick enough, you can prevent permanent damage.

Review Date: 10th March, 2010

10th Mar 2010, 23:59

Squeaking at the steering wheel indicates that ball joints or tie rod ends are failing.

You have six months or less to address the problem before a catastrophic failure.

2nd Sep 2010, 01:58

Steering squeal solved, it needed power steering fluid.

Rough idle, possible vacuum leak or failing IAC valve.

1991 Honda Accord EXi 2.2 from Australia and New Zealand

First year of ownership2009
Most recent distance352000 kilometres
Previous carHonda Legend

Summary:

Great performance and reliability for a 20 year old car

Ignition switch required replacing.

Air con needs re-gassing.

Transmission occasionally slips harshly when going up steep hills.

Rear drivers side window no longer operates.

General Comments:

This is my second car after writing off my Honda Legend, and now this one has been written off due to a woman in a 4WD running a stop sign and smashing into my rear side.

This Accord was amazing, I'm still driving it even with the pretty much diminished panel and lack of boot (it's there, but I cannot open it). Performance is great for a 2.2 litre engine, and the engine noise after 4000rpm is what you'd expect from a larger engine.

Fuel wise it was pretty good, averaging about 9-10 litres around town, a tank would last me about 550km with a mix of steep hills driving and suburban driving, using 95 octane fuel.

It went through tyres pretty quickly, but that may have just been due to my driving style or the bad steering alignment (I had never gotten it fixed because it wasn't a big deal). Oh and tyres seemed fairly troublesome to track down, even second hand ones as new ones were overly expensive.

Breaks are a bit iffy, sometimes either being too sensitive or not sensitive enough. From the lights, flooring it would often get me past all the other cars, a few times even beating some P platers in their hotted up Commondores. Hahahaha. Insurance was easy and police never even looked at me.

The ignition switch died on me when I was 2km from home, luckily I had already exited the freeway so I had to hold the key til I got home, and a used ignition switch was $55 and took about twenty minutes to install.

I have been very happy with this car, and if it wasn't for such expensive labour with panel beaters, I'd definitely get this car fixed. I'm going to keep it and maybe try to fix it up myself, and in the mean time may purchase another Legend.

Review Date: 29th January, 2010

30th Jan 2010, 16:22

If the woman driving the 4WD was at fault, why not sue her and/or her insurance company for the panel repairs?

5th Feb 2010, 00:01

I tried doing so, but they just said economically speaking it's not worth it...

1991 Honda Accord SE 2.2L PGFI 4 cylinder from North America

Year of manufacture1990
Engine and transmission 2.2L PGFI 4 cylinder Automatic
Distance when acquired198000 miles
Most recent distance222000 miles
Previous carFord Taurus

Summary:

Absolutely great car for anyone

Nothing car runs sweet as the day I bought it, even with high mileage.

I have had 2 car accidents with this car, and it still keeps taking me wherever I need to go. Great reliable car.

General Comments:

Leather seats are weak. I believe Honda could make them more durable considering they fry in one summer here in north Carolina; even with leather treatment everything goes wrong with the seats.

Review Date: 12th May, 2009