2008 Honda Accord EX 2.4 Liter from North America

Summary:

A beautiful machine that is sporty, yet economical

Nothing.

General Comments:

Honda redesigned the Accord for 2008. The car is more aggressive looking than the previous model. It definitely stands out in a crowd.

The fit and finish of the vehicle are excellent. The doors close very quietly and smoothly.

The 2.4 liter engine is rated at 190 hp. It is very smooth and has the power to get up and go when it is needed. The 5 speed automatic shifts very smoothly.

The car also came with a ground effects package from the factory. Most people find it hard to believe that option came from the factory.

The car handles like a high performance sports car. It takes tight curves at higher speeds with ease.

Fuel economy is fairly good. I typically get 30-32 on the highway and 27-28 in town.

The only complaint so far are the front seats. They are designed for longevity, thus are as hard as a rock and not very comfortable. The lumbar support is not adjustable and the headrests are permanently affixed forward.

I will probably keep the car. I'll just have to be creative with seat cushions.

Review Date: 4th November, 2008

2008 Honda Accord Luxury 3.5L V6 from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Great car that has all the gadgets

Nothing.

General Comments:

It's a pleasure to drive. It has plenty of power.

I am 6 3" and find many vehicles don't have enough headroom. The Honda Accord has plenty of head and leg room, even with the sunroof, which normally reduces headroom.

The ride is comfortable, and the handling is good for a car of its size. The fuel economy is great; this is due to the variable cylinder management (VCM), which if wasn't for the Eco light on the dash, I wouldn't even know I was running on less than 6 cylinders.

The styling is much better than the previous Accord. The alloy wheels are the only thing that I may change as they look a bit like old school hubcaps, but they are growing on me and can be easily changed with aftermarket rims.

Review Date: 2nd October, 2008

2008 Honda Accord EX 2.4L from North America

Summary:

I like it, but I don't think I will be buying this one at the end of the lease

The driver side door handle will become difficult to open. It doesn't happen all of the time, but it does happen far too often. I had the dealership look at it, and they said it seems like the mechanisms aren't lined up correctly. So they are in the process of ordering me another handle, and the mechanism that goes inside, to see if this will correct the problem.

My glove compartment was making this rattling noise so bad, whenever I would hit a slight bump in the road or anything. They put something in there to try and "cushion" the glove box so it wouldn't make that rattling noise. It seems to have worked so far.

My passenger seat also seems to make noise when someone is sitting in it, and I brake or anything like that.

I have also notice there is quite a bit of wind noise while on the highway.

The most annoying thing thus far would have to be my moon-roof rattling. I also had the dealership look at it, and it has something to do with the pan that catches the water. They said Honda said that there have been complaints about this, but there are no real fixes for it yet. So they tried a couple of different things, but still I get a rattle so obviously it didn't work.

I also had an issue with the paint on the back bumper peeling off right underneath the tail light. So the dealership took it and got the bumper repainted. Which the shop they took it to did a horrible job, so I made them take it back and redo... still doesn't look very good.

General Comments:

I really love the front end of the car, but not too fond of the back end... kind of just big and blah.

It seems as though I don't really have that much power when I try to accelerate to get on the highway or something...

The gas mileage is not really that great. I get about 19 mpg and that's for a combination of highway and city driving. That's not really good compared to the my Civic I had.

Review Date: 12th September, 2008

21st Sep 2008, 18:47

If you are getting 19 mpg with an Accord there is something wrong with it... Mine averages about 27 mpg mixed and has since it was new and it is easily into the mid 30's on the highway. Sounds like you have a lot of little rattles going on with your car. I haven't noticed too much with mine yet. Good luck finding a newer car that doesn't have any though. Unfortunately, it is the nature of cars in general to have a certain amount of quirks you have to live with.