2002 Honda Civic Reviews - Page 3 of 24

Year of manufacture2002
First year of ownership2009
Engine and transmission 2.0 petrol Manual
Previous carVauxhall Astra

Summary:

Worth every penny! Buy one!

I've had this car now for 2 months! I know it's not long ownership, and nothing has gone wrong, it's brilliant.

Only thing I could comment on is the drivers seat bolster is starting to wear, but for the mileage I was expecting that.

Wheels could do with a refurbish but will do that soon,

General Comments:

This car is brilliant! First Honda I have owned and it's very good, I previously owned a Astra, and I'm getting the same for fuel, it's not costing me anymore.

The engine is great; very revvy and I love it so!

The seating position is great, the car looks great, people look at it a lot.

I intend to own this for a while. Servicing - yet to find out, may cost me a bit, but it's worth it.

The car is very rewarding, if you drive it constantly in the Vtec, it gets you where you're going pretty fast.

BUY ONE, IT'S WORTH IT! If you're a true petrol head, the performance is great.

Review Date: 5th May, 2009

2002 Honda Civic Si 1.7 litre from North America

Year of manufacture2002
Engine and transmission 1.7 litre Automatic
Previous carGMC Jimmy

Summary:

Good car, but not what I expected

My dash lights randomly flicker on and off, and my km reading goes to 888888, as well the speedometer. Also, the rpm gauge doesn't always work.

Transmission shifts very roughly into 2nd gear. I'm hoping I just need to change the oil and filter; otherwise, my guess is the clutch pack is already worn out.

General Comments:

Overall it's a good car, but from what I kept hearing about Honda, I was disappointed in the quality and reliability of the Civic. I really prefer my previous domestic vehicles over this Civic. (Jimmy, Grand Prix).

Review Date: 20th January, 2009

21st Jan 2009, 13:36

I only felt the need to comment on this because sometimes people read these things and take them at face value.

Firstly you bought the vehicle with roughly 100k + miles on it, that unfortunately means that it could not have been a certified used Honda because they only certify their work up to 80k miles when they sell used vehicles. To make it very simple you bought it and the previous owner may not have taken any kind of care of the vehicle at all. You may have wanted to buy a certified used Honda because I know for a fact that when they go through the cert. process they make sure that stuff like that is not going on with your car.

So short version is that you bought a 7 year old car and it shows because the guy that owned it before you probably ragged it out.

Last thing, oil and filter has nothing<<<>>> to do with the way your car shifts from 1st to 2nd, or for that matter any shifting at all.. ever.

Josh.

23rd Jan 2009, 01:24

Well that may be true, I don't know how the previous owner drove it, now as far as oil and filter don't matter, are you kidding me? If your filter is clogged, it will shift harder into different gears as my transmission is an automatic, therefore it will take longer for the transmission fluid to reach the pistons which actuate the clutch pack.

This being said, I just found out that the tranny does not have a filter, therefore my transmission is due for a rebuild soon more than likely. The only other option would be if the transmission was a powershift style, which is a manual geared transmission with an automatic actuator on top of it, which automatically shifts the shift collars. Also my SRS light is on now.

2002 Honda Civic LX 1.7 from North America

Year of manufacture2001
Most recent distance82000 miles
Previous carToyota ECHO

Summary:

The bomb like tick tick

Blower motor for heat.

Armrest wore a little more than expected, but easy fix.

Other than that 80k problem free miles, never has had any power train issues.

EVERYBODY BOUGHT ONE, AND IT'S HARD TO FIND YOURS IN A PARKING LOT LOL.

General Comments:

I love my car. I get nearly 40 mpg with it and it's so cheap to keep up. Has never broke down or made me lose my confidence in it in anyway.

Very nicely equipped for a compact compared to my Echo. The registration is down to $70 for 2008, which makes me really love it. The quality and build to this car are phenomenal.

I hate that everybody has the same car as me.

My advice to anybody is to follow the guidelines given from Honda; this doesn't mean you have to take it to the dealer for service, I don't, but I listen to the manual and it's been very successful thus far.

This is my first Honda product, and I would definitely buy another Civic (if they aren't TOO ugly in 2010), yet Toyotas aren't bad either.

Review Date: 16th December, 2008