5th Dec 2012, 13:56

I bought my second VX yesterday with 242,700 miles on the odometer, but the car looks and runs like new. The guy before me took great care of it (garaged in a warm garage its whole life) and I only paid $2100. I definitely got an extremely great deal. He bundled the car with a bunch of extras, too, including Garmin wheel locks, an alarm system, Bluetooth, Kenwood sound system, rear speakers, front bra, window screen to keep the car cool in the summer, and the list goes on. He has new suspension parts as well as a bunch of other parts recently replaced. I feel extraordinarily lucky to have scored this car.

My first VX uses oil and coolant, and is being eaten away by rust, and has some other problems despite still running great; so I am selling to my friend for $500; it has about 270,000 miles on it.

4th Sep 2014, 14:11

I still have my 1992 Civic VX, it now has 443,000 miles on it. The engine is original, and still runs like new. It was burning oil at about 1 quart every 1,000 miles, so I changed to 20/50 and it stopped it completely. I guess the rings are a little worn. Still gets the same mileage.

I bought it brand new and it has still only stranded me twice; both times were due to the distributor coil, which is good for 150K and then dies.

The car still looks great, doesn't look too out of date and is a great commuter car. I have also taken it on trips up to 2,000 miles and it was comfortable. Very easy to work on, but needs little maintenance.

I would love to know how many were produced, and if anyone else out there bought theirs brand new!

1st Feb 2015, 04:18

That's correct.

1st Feb 2015, 04:46

I just bought a 1992 Civic VX in Portland, OR from a single owner who bought it 23 years ago brand new. It has 159,000 old lady miles on it (she moved into a retirement home and decided she no longer needed a car), and it has been serviced by my mechanic for that entire time. I paid $3500 for it and consider that to be a great deal.

Gas prices may be low now, but it would be very short sighted to assume that they will stay that way for long. Thankfully the car came with a steering wheel lock, because when gas prices hit $4.50/gallon, this car will be a hot item.