2004 Honda Element from North America

Summary:

I like it!

I had a light out in the shift console when I bought it, annoying, though the dealer fixed it no problem. I also had an alignment problem which happens, again annoying, but car dealer fixed it no problem.

The most recent thing is a rattling noise when I turn to the right, and a little rattle noise when accelerating, and a little rattle in the muffler?!? Wow I guess I am rattling a lot! The mechanic has NOT heard any of these rattles and thinks I am making them up.

Also... Here's the good one!! My gas cap cover fell off in my hand as I was getting gas one day!!! Weird!

They, at the dealership are trying, to tell me my bumper to bumper won't cover it because it

I quote: "seems to have been ripped off, or opened violently, or vandalized".

I am a 100 pound female and I do not go around "ripping" or "opening violently" anything. (not that I can't I just don't)

Just wondering if anyone else had a problem like this so I can tell them that it is not me, it is the car?

General Comments:

I like the car, It is the best car I have ever owned!

I think that it is the dealership that's out to get me.

Review Date: 17th January, 2008

2004 Honda Element from North America

Summary:

Mediocre, not worth the money

4 wheel drive not functioning, air conditioning does not work.

General Comments:

Poor choice for rough roads, no skid plates, very low ground clearance. 4x4 does not work on mine with 35,000 miles. Air conditioning broke as well.

Review Date: 2nd October, 2007

2004 Honda Element EX 2.4 from North America

Summary:

Fun, efficient, workhorse

Windshield has taken more than one rock. To all owners out there, you can pick up a windshield patch kit for $10 that will save the glass before it cracks. Paint chips off the front - both issues could be solved by having an air deflector.

Driver's side seat rocks back and forth.

General Comments:

This is a great truck. The cargo area can carry lots of things, including full sheets of drywall at an angle, or a full load of fire wood. The plastic interior does take scuffs and scars, but so far has not broken under any of my abuse.

I utilize this as both transportation and project vehicle for home improvements. I have only had a few issues with the vehicle in 50,000 miles.

Review Date: 26th July, 2006

2004 Honda Element LX from North America

Summary:

The perfect all in on city car-truck-thing, that looks like boot.

The Windshield is not very durable. It also eats blades.

Its noisy at high speed.

General Comments:

Very fun car to own. I can carry a washing machine, mulch, Giants TV's, Kayaks, or kids. Its vomit proof too. The optional washable seats are great for the unexpected projectile barf from a child. Or if you have no children your drunk friend in the back seat. Plus when he spills his beer (again), cleanup is a snap.

It handles well, and it fast enough to hold its ground when merging onto the interstate. Its not a race-car, but given the way it handles at high speed, you would not want to race one of these anyways. This car is great for common chores. It can tow a trailor and did okay in the mountains.

Review Date: 6th March, 2006

7th May 2006, 10:20

Hi,

We have a 17 foot Mad River canoe that is very heavy. We are thinking of getting an Element, has anyone carried a canoe on it or had any experiences carrying something heavy on top of it? Please share.

Thanks,

2004 Honda Element from North America

Summary:

Good even though class action suit

Windshield cracked.

General Comments:

NOTE: A class action suit was filed August 4, 2004, in California Superior Court, Los Angeles County, alleging a design defect in 2003-2004 Honda Element windshields that leads to cracking.

Review Date: 2nd March, 2006

2004 Honda Element from North America

We are also having problems with the tires. We are on our third set of tires and have 50,000 miles on the car.

We love the Element, it's a great car and fits our active lifestyle (I once put five kayaks in the back) but this tire issue is an expensive annoyance.

Review Date: 2nd January, 2006