2004 Honda Element EX from North America

Summary:

The Element is fun and suited for adventure, but so far has not held up to its namesake

Front struts were faulty.

Computer malfunction causing the engine light to go on.

Ball bearings in the transmission are still being worked on.

General Comments:

I've had three problems with my Element. The engine light was a because the idle was set too high and fell out of parameters of what the "brain" felt acceptable.

The strut in the front was loose. The mechanic at Honda said he has seen that issue before on Pilots and Elements.

The ball bearing in the transmission is a much more complicated. I've had the front axles replaced, the drive shaft and currently the transmission. There is a sound at about 50 miles an hour that occurs only when you ease up on the gas. It's a maddening thing because it's not always there. Thank god the mechanic heard it. My car has been in the shop for two weeks now...

Review Date: 27th July, 2005

2004 Honda Element from North America

Summary:

Great utility vehicle. Decent mileage and can get big stuff from Home depot

Like many I have had to get one new windshield due to a rock. I had the window replaced by my insurance company preferred show (big mistake I think). following the replacement of the windshield I have had the side molding around the windshield come off. I was wondering if anyone else has had that problem following replacement of windshield.

Review Date: 11th July, 2005

24th Apr 2006, 11:55

Yes I had a similar problem after My Insurance selected windshield guy fixed it. There was a funny whistle coming from what I thought was the tweeter speaker on the drivers side when I drove fast. It bugged me and so I traced the noise back to the loose mounting of the windshield frame exterior plastic cover. I took it back and they mounted it better the next time, problem solved. It has those white injection molded clips to hold it on and sometime they break instead of grab, one had broken loose.

18th Dec 2009, 10:41

Yeah I have to take mine to the dealer... I had the drivers side plastic molding fly off while driving... They replaced it, but it started rattling, so I'm taking it back again today.

2004 Honda Element LX 160 hp gas from North America

Summary:

Great car faulty windshields

My windshield cracked at 4700 miles.

General Comments:

This car developed a two foot crack in the bottom center of the windshield.

Review Date: 3rd January, 2005

14th Jul 2005, 08:32

1700 Miles - Windshield cracked from small rock. Drove a 2001 Celica for 4 years and was hit all the time by flying debris... Never cracked! Don't know what to do other than write Honda.

2004 Honda Element EXS 160hp 2.4 Liter from North America

Summary:

Pure perfection

We have owned our 2004 Element now for a week and so far so good!

The only down fall is that the AM stations do not come in very well.

Called the dealership this morning to get some kind of an idea why this is happening and was informed that it is a problem with the Element and Pilot.

General Comments:

Very well designed SUV. I love the fact that there are no carpets to keep clean and that the seats are waterproof.

I would love the Element more if it came in Yellow.

Very nice SUV, handles well and is good on gas.

Review Date: 22nd December, 2004

2004 Honda Element EX from North America

Within the first 3 months of owning the car, I had a cracked windshield. I don't remember a rock hitting it, but the dealer tried to show me the tiniest spot which they claimed cause the crack.

Review Date: 8th November, 2004

2004 Honda Element EX 2.4 liter 160-hp i-VTEC from North America

Summary:

I'm very satisfied

Nothing yet.

General Comments:

The car is everything it's supposed to be, especially with the manual transmission. Handles beautifully. Instrument panel somewhat difficult to see in bright sunlight when the driver is wearing sunglasses. The EX model lacks storage in the front, but the sub-woofer is worth the inconvenience.

Review Date: 2nd November, 2004

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4 cylinder from North America

As of this posting my Element is only two weeks old.

General Comments:

Although this is a new car it is one of about 30 Honda's that I have purchased over the last 20 years.

My only non Honda purchase was in 1999 for a Subaru Forester... which I drove for almost 6 years and ended with 95,000.

The Element for my driving needs (I am 72 years old) is most suitable for the following reasons:

1. I have a 2 year old Golden Retriever the flat back floor is a wonder for him;

2. The interior is very easy to keep clean;

3. The Element is larger and heavier than the 2005 Forester;

4. The Element rides car-like;

5. The instrument panel is excellent;

6. The radio and 7 speakers produces an enjoyable sound.

The Element is an excellent buy for the money it cost me $19,600 minus $5,000 for my Forester.

Review Date: 22nd October, 2004