2004 Honda Element EX-S, AWD 2.4L i-VTEC II from North America

Summary:

WORTH EVERY PENNY...and then some!

Driver and front passenger seats rocking back and forth due to worn plastic bushings!

General Comments:

Awesome XUV! Love it. Great fuel mileage, awesome view for the driverm nothing you can't do in this baby. Tough interior, super quality inside and out, everything works great but the seats (comfort is there and quality) but they rock back and forth just enough to be noticeable during breaking and acceleration.

It handles great on corners and high-speed, same goes for city driving. Good stereo, and overall a 99% wonder!

Review Date: 22nd August, 2004

23rd Aug 2004, 09:04

If the seats are already loose at 6,000 miles, what will they be like at 60,000?

2004 Honda Element Y AWD 2.3 from North America

Summary:

Better than a gas guzzling american model, but could be better

The strut bearing on the front wheel was defective from the start. every time I turned at low speeds there was a rumbling kind of noise.

General Comments:

This is a good vehicle if you want to do some light camping or haul stuff around town. the gas mileage is so-so and the performance is okay, but not stellar. the mechanical problems I've had are discouraging since this is a new car. I deliberatly waited for the second year to try and avoid this kind of problem.

Review Date: 5th August, 2004

17th Jan 2008, 21:04

I have the same rumbling noise in my 2004 element as well, the mechanic said it happens with every Element and also the Pilot. Annoying!

2004 Honda Element Y Package - 4WD 2.4L V Tech from North America

Summary:

A Great SUV

Nothing Yet.

General Comments:

The unique styling of this vehicle caught my attention right away.

I had been shopping for a 4WD that had better fuel economy, and this was the only one that seemed to have the interior room and price.

Overall, This is an excellent vehicle. My major complaint about this vehicle is the ability to see beside you when changing lanes. A little extra caution is required.

Comfort - I find this vehicle quite comfortable inside, albeit, a little spartan. There is plenty of room for everyone in this car, with a huge amount of room for the rear passengers. I find the dashboard a little close to the knees on the passenger side, although the driver side appears to have plenty of room. I have taken it on a 1200 kilometer trip, and find it quite comfortable to sit in.

Sound System - For all the hype, this sound system is not all that good. I find it lacking in mid range punch, although the sub sounds great.

Cruising - This is a very smooth riding car on the highway, although, the tire noise is quite loud. The engine runs very quiet for a 4 Cylinder, even at a higher RPM.

City Driving - Easy to park, easy to get around the city.

Annoying things - The fuel light comes on very early. When my fuel light came on when I was driving on the highway, I filled up the tank and it only took 45 liters. The tank actually holds 60 liters. Fuel economy is not what I expected it to be. I get roughly 11 liters per 100 kilometers. Not bad, but I would have thought better from a 4 cylinder engine.

Mechanics - A well built car. Everything fits tight and the engine has the power to keep me out of trouble on the highway. Smooth manual 5 speed transmission with a positive position for each gear. Clutch is great.

Ergonomics - All the gauges are easy to read, as long as you keep the seat back, the rear lifting or foldup seats give a huge amount of room in the back and overall, I find this a comfortable vehicle.

Would I buy another one? You bet I would.

Review Date: 31st July, 2004

4th Oct 2004, 12:36

Excuse my lack of knowledge - but in 2004 did Honda make both an AWD and 4WD version of the element Ex?

18th Nov 2004, 21:27

YES...both FWD+AWD...with and w/o side airbags...5pd or auto.

31st Dec 2004, 15:01

I used the term AWD (All Wheel Drive) and 4WD (4 Wheel Drive) to mean the same thing. I realize that they are not quite the same, but the net effect is. It also comes in a FWD which is the acronym for Front Wheel Drive. Hope that clarifies what I meant.

2004 Honda Element EX 2.4 inline four from North America

Summary:

An SUV built with common-sense in mind

None.

General Comments:

For me the unique styling was a selling point.

Though not great by Honda standards, fuel economy is decent by SUV Standards.

The engine is among the smoothest I have encountered with Honda.

The dash-mounted five-speed manual transmission is great!

Review Date: 21st June, 2004

2004 Honda Element EX 4 cylinder. from North America

Summary:

A great little vehicle

Glove box door was mis-aligned.

General Comments:

Vehicle is much roomier on the inside than it appears from the outside.

Review Date: 26th March, 2004