Although this is a new car it is one of about 30 Honda's that I have purchased over the last 20 years.
My only non Honda purchase was in 1999 for a Subaru Forester... which I drove for almost 6 years and ended with 95,000.
The Element for my driving needs (I am 72 years old) is most suitable for the following reasons:
1. I have a 2 year old Golden Retriever the flat back floor is a wonder for him;
2. The interior is very easy to keep clean;
3. The Element is larger and heavier than the 2005 Forester;
4. The Element rides car-like;
5. The instrument panel is excellent;
6. The radio and 7 speakers produces an enjoyable sound.
The Element is an excellent buy for the money it cost me $19,600 minus $5,000 for my Forester.