2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5 from North America

Summary:

Uncomfortable but practical

Carpet getting torn up easily.

No other issues.

General Comments:

I get 26mpg with city driving, in the 30s with highway driving. If you are considering or own this car, fuel economy is probably important, and this car delivers.

The transmission is constantly upshifting like crazy, which probably hurts gas mileage, and the pedal is extremely sensitive, but it forces a lot of power out of the car, so acceleration is more than adequate, and substantially better than the xB or Versa.

It gets thrown around on bumpy roads, but it handles fine. The bodykit makes the car really low, and it will scape easier than most cars. It's terrible in the snow.

The seat is too low, doesn't go back far enough, is shaped well but very stiff, and the steering wheel is too far forward and doesn't telescope. Combined with the lacking footroom (especially for your left foot, there's no dead pedal) and an overly sensitive gas, which is too close to the brake, this car is extremely uncomfortable to drive especially if you're anywhere near 6 feet tall or more.

This car was a gift from my parents, and I'm stuck with it, but I would not have bought it new for comfort reasons alone. I drive with extra cushions, with my shoes off, using cruise control if I go long distances.

By contrast the rear seats are great, take 3 people easily and fold down to make the entire back flat. I can fit more crap in it than many SUVs.

The interior is all plastic, but it feels solid, the only really cheap part is the carpeting, which is tearing, especially on the drivers side above, and to the sides of the floormats.

Review Date: 13th January, 2010

2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5 from North America

Summary:

Buy it!

None.

General Comments:

Surprising sporty. Great on gas. Feels much larger inside than you expect. Drives like a more expensive car. How do they do it!?

Review Date: 30th June, 2008

2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5 from North America

Summary:

Great car, excellent value for the cost

No problems so far.

General Comments:

In my nearly sixty years of driving, I have driven many automobiles, both large and small. The Fit excels in its size. It surpasses the 2001 Corolla I traded on it in every category except for the ride, which is very similar. Honda's advertising line of it being the biggest little car you can find is very true.

I live in a mountainous area and average 33 MPH on secondary roads. It not only takes the mountains very well, but automatically reduces the gear on descent to help provide braking.

The ride is no exception to all small vehicles I have driven; you feel the bumps, whereas in my Camry I hear the bumps.

It handles very well except in windy conditions.

As with all vehicles, it could use some improvements, some of which will be in the 2009 model.

The seat material which is black are excellent lint catchers.

Rear vision out of the rear window is poor with the rear seat up and the head rests installed.

Low beam headlamps are useless due to limited distance.

The carpet is very, very cheap.

Review Date: 20th April, 2008

2007 Honda Fit Sport from North America

Summary:

Great car for college kids -- super reliable looks good :)

My brother and I each have a Fit Sport with A/T. His has water leaking in through the antenna in the back. Honda hasn't been willing to fix.

The screws in which the plastic body kits attach to the rest of the cars are cheap. Both of our front left fenders constantly "pop out" and need to push the pieces back into place by hand.

Gas mileage has gone down in the past year, not sure why... annoying, but still not that bad.

The seats are not easy to clean... Have a muddy Foxhound that jumps in the car with me... wish the cargo area was plastic or something more durable...

General Comments:

The car is very peppy. Seriously lacking in HP... can't get up a hill without flooring it. The car is light and gets caught in crosswinds very easily.

Though fun to drive on highway with paddle shifters, it runs a little too high in rpms when set to drive manually with paddle shifts.

Long drives very uncomfortable... I feel like a t-rex b/c the steering wheel is too far away.

Center console is needed... arm rest? Somewhere to put miscellaneous things?

Great Leg Room! only 5'7 but whole family is 6ft+ and they have no problem getting in.

Sound system is very good for the price, and the keyless entry/ anti-theft is quality too.

Like I said, quite peppy for zipping around the burbs, but not meant for long hauls nor hilly areas.

Review Date: 13th February, 2008

29th Dec 2013, 12:38

I own a 2010 Fit Sport and it is doing the same thing. Honda won't fix mine either; it's going to cost 290 dollars to fix. I do not think I will buy another Honda from the same dealership.