2006 Hummer H3 from North America

Summary:

Might have been good if GM backed their vehicles

On January 2, 2019, my husband and I were driving in our Hummer H3. Upon turning on to the main road from a side road, the vehicle swerved violently and went out of control. Luckily no one was hurt and on-coming traffic were able to avoid us due to the slow speed we were driving. The vehicle was towed to a local repair shop and diagnosed with a serious frame issue. The frame cracked at the upper control arm mount, causing the vehicle to lose all controlling and control during braking.

Earlier, in August of 2016, with 66,000km, the rear end of the frame failed, the rear cross members, rear shock mounts and body (cab) mounts rusted through and required extensive repairs. The vehicle has been taken care of, regularly serviced and rarely driven in winter. With such low kilometers, the frame/structure of the vehicle should not fail. The failures are a serious safety issue as they can cause the vehicle to go out of control.

My mechanic and insurance company suggested I call GM as well as put in a safety complaint with Transport Canada about premature frame rot. At only 66,000km (and zero body rust) my chassis rusted through and apparently the same thing is seen in Canyons & Colorados. After a second scare with the frame cracking while driving, I decided to call GM; they claim there has never been a complaint. I'm not really expecting anything from this, however we do need to register any safety issues as many of these are still on the road. It only takes a few minutes (Just have your VIN number). The rep at GM said that if they receive enough complaints they may issue a frame recall. But for now they actually discontinued the frame. If your vehicle has had a frame rust-though, here's where you can file a safety complaint:

Canada: https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/7/PCDB-BDPP/fc-cp.aspx?lang=eng

USA: https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

General Comments:

Nice looking, comfortable ride. Repair & maintenance costs are very expensive.

Review Date: 21st January, 2019

2006 Hummer H3 from North America

Summary:

I will sue!!! Join my class action suit

Everything is wrong with this 06 H3!

The truck leaks oil.

Rebuilt the transmission and it's failing again after a year.

The car overheats even after the water pump and radiator were replaced.

The idle was low and truck was dying every time it came to a stop.

Now there is a clicking noise coming from the dashboard. The car locks up.

I want to sue the H3's manufacturer so bad, and after I get rid of this hunk of junk, clunky truck, I will! It hasn't worked since the first day I bought it. It has a Chevy engine and car parts, so why are GMC and Hummer on this truck? Worst mistake of my life.

Anyone want to join a class action suit, call me on 504-915-9172. I will not rest till I take this piece of crap down. Trust me.

General Comments:

DO NOT GET AN H3!!! Or any other Hummer for that matter.

Review Date: 10th September, 2014

2006 Hummer H3 3.7L from North America

Summary:

Spendy

Head needs to be replaced at 42,000 miles. GM will not cover any work. 100% leak down on cylinder #2, and all other cylinders have significant leaks. $2700 for everything to be done.

I have contacted a lawyer to start a class action. Everyone who wishes to be contacted, please post your contact information.

Review Date: 26th March, 2014

2006 Hummer H3 Adventure Package 3.5 I5 from North America

Summary:

What a piece of GM garbage

I would LOVE TO SUE GM FOR THIS.

The first thing that went on the truck was this 4x4 actuator or something. The 4x4 wouldn't engage; that was 700 bucks to fix. That was at like 5000 miles.

Then at 9,000 miles the engine light came on. Took it to the dealer; PO300 code. They said they could either fix what was wrong with the head, or put a new one on for 2,400 dollars. I told them I would much rather replace the whole head so that it wouldn't happen again. I told them I wanted the upgrade head I keep reading about. They said OK, went ahead and did it, and 14 months later, last week, the same code again.

Brought it in, and the first thing they told me was the warranty on the work and the head are no more, and that I would have to pay out of pocket again. Can you believe this s**t? I went off on him, he said he'd bend over backwards to try and get the head half price for us, but that that was all he could do. I told him this is the reason I paid the extra money for the whole new head, so this wouldn't happen again. The truck's been there for a week now, and still all he can say is the one of the valves is burnt, but we can't figure out why. BULLS**T.

Review Date: 3rd January, 2014

3rd Jan 2014, 11:53

It's possible that the 4x4 actuator was due to not engaging the 4x4 at the right time. I wouldn't flip that switch while you're rolling downhill, or going through a stream or partially submerged in off road terrain.