2006 Hummer H3 Reviews - Page 3 of 6

2006 Hummer H3 5 inline from North America

Year of manufacture2006
Engine and transmission 5 inline Don't Know
Previous carHummer H3

Summary:

Gotta Love the H3

Air bag light goes on when 4 Wheeling.

General Comments:

I have to say I have been a Jeep Owner all my life and once test drove the H3 I had to buy one.

I just came back from a 4 day 4 wheel drive event here in Nevada and it went up against The new 4 door Jeep with no problems. I love my H3 and it has a lot of room for all your gear. OnStar has been my new fav friend as my airbag light comes on when I 4 wheel drive so do they... You can find my picture of my H3 in JP Magazine in the next coming months as they reviewed the H3 against the new 4 Door Jeep...

Lotta Fun there! Keyword Vegas Valley 4 Wheelers check us out!

Review Date: 6th November, 2006

17th Dec 2006, 01:29

You are somewhere right calling your H3 a jeep, since AMG HUMMER is a former military division of AMC JEEP. The H1 is not a design to compete with a TJ, but a vehicule adapted to sand and Saddam castle climbing. Your H3 rear suspension is leaf spring design dating back to Buffalo Bill and horse carriage. The front is an independant design not even Jeep would adapt to a wrangler, mainly for its inability to perform n the rough.

2006 Hummer H3 Lux Series, Off-road pkg 3.5L I-5 Gas from North America

Year of manufacture2005
Engine and transmission 3.5L I-5 Gas Automatic
Previous carJeep TJ

Summary:

For this type of vehicle, one of the best, if not the best made

Transaxle control module replaced 8000 miles. Prevented 4-wheel lock drive.

General Comments:

Comfortable to drive on-road, great off-road. Not the fastest vehicle on the block, but can keep up quite well on the Interstates. Fuel mileage is better than most large vehicles; averaging 15/19, but it is one heavy vehicle.

I have taken this vehicle on some of the worse roads in the USA, and it never failed. I have driven cross-country, and it has not only been comfortable to drive, but great handling for a vehicle this large.

Review Date: 28th October, 2006

2006 Hummer H3 Adventure 3.5 from North America

Year of manufacture2005
Previous carSuzuki XL-7

Summary:

Not Worth Even Looking at an H3

It lacks the standard features that you would find on other SUVs in this price range such as steering wheel mounted cruise and audio controls and a standard six disc in dash CD changer. Not to mention the side and side curtain airbags that are standard on everything else. Plus, who makes four speed auto transmissions anymore. Also, if your going to fit a 3.5 liter into it why spend the research dollars on figuring out how to cut a cylinder off of an already outdated in-line engine. The 3.5 liters would have been better used on the Honda V6 that's in the Saturn. That way it would have been smoother, more powerful, more torque and more fuel efficient. On the other hand I have yet to reach the minimum EPA estimate and I am absolutely babying the H3. It feels to fragile to drive it hard.

The paint job is bad. I have the boulder gray (which looks nothing like the gray on the cover of the brochure) and it looks like the metallic flakes went on in waves. I parked next to a black one it I could see the orange peal on that H3 while sitting in mine.

General Comments:

Overall it was a great concept with tons of potential being with it being an all new vehicle. In the end it turned out being a poorly executed sum of borrowed parts.

Review Date: 11th May, 2006

11th May 2006, 13:52

If you hate its looks, color, and how it drives so much why don't you actually test drive and LOOK at the car you're buying next time.

12th May 2006, 09:26

The one I test drove looked fine. The one I took delivery of was out side on a dark evening. I would expect quality controls to be a little more tight. Same goes for the rest of the vehicle. The more I drive it the it bothers me.

16th Jun 2006, 00:51

I'm sure the Suzuki XL-7 you traded in was Ferrari class.

If you actually think the Hummer feels fragile compared with your Suzuki, I'm actually inclined to feel sorry for you, simply because you must be crazy.

The Suzuki XL-7 is known world wide for it's incredible off road prowess. I can see why you miss it so.