2006 Hyundai Getz Reviews - Page 2 of 4

Model year2006
Year of manufacture2006
Engine and transmission 1.1L Manual
Previous carDaewoo Racer

Summary:

Bang for the buck car of the year!

Actually this is my girlfriend's car. It was assigned to her by the company. So she got her new Hyundai Getz after a couple of months driving a used Kia Pride.

Initially the car was very quiet, but after a couple of thousand miles, you can already hear the engine vibrating, something that might be similar to the other reviews I've read here.

Central locking doesn't quite work anymore (could also be because of the chinese made alarm and remote that we had installed on the car - I really can't say, it was aftermarket).

Vibrations from the rear caused by the loose plate. Not sure if it's the mount or screws going loose. Haven't quite gotten to fixing it.

After a couple of weeks, the cockpit light just wouldn't work, went back to the dealer as it was a busted fuse and had it replaced. After three years of daily use, it seems those were the only problems encountered so far.

General Comments:

Some general comments on the car, I'm not sure if it's fuel efficient. I've owned several cars; a 79 Toyota Hilux, 2.0L ford Cortina, and my current ride a 94' Daewoo Racer. Most of which were all second hand, so I really don't have a basis for comparison.

Most of these cars use up a lot of gas because of the old engines. But a drive from Metro Manila to Ibay/Subic Zambales on a full tank of gas and back with fuel to spare; I'd say it would be economical :)

Add-ons are great as other car manufacturers here only add the basics. The basic Hyundai Getz comes with power steering, power windows, power door locks, and an in dash CD player. Another 1.1L variant they released just this year came out with 2-DIN LCD -touch screen DVD player, spoilers, and fog lamps :)

Anyways, I really don't like Korean cars, and with my bad experience with my Daewoo Racer, which usually and always breaks down, I was going to move to a Japanese made car, but the price tag and the features on this car had me thinking twice. Cars don't come cheap in the Philippines, and only a few people are able to afford them, so we spend a lot of time getting to know what we're going to buy.

The promo's right now are great; for 18k Pesos dp you can bring one home, no other dealership has that kind of bargain :)

Specs are OK, ride is OK, speed - don't expect too much highway driving. At 100kmh the car is fine, rev it up to 120 kmh and you can hear the engine complaining already.

In city driving, you'll start complaining about the transmission, constant gear shifting is required due to the low rpm threshold of the small engine 1st gear-10kmh / 2nd gear 20-kmh / 3rd gear-40kmh / 4th gear-60kmh up something to that effect.

The car is very tiring to drive in heavy traffic, especially metro Manila traffic. I had a solution to the problem. I was going to get an automatic variant to solve my gear shifting issue, but the problem was the Getz has no automatic variant, only the i10, which I really don't like. So there you go, reliability wise it'll be 10 years before we can really say it would be a reliable old car or end up like Kia's Pride (which is their badge of shame) here in the Philippines.

Hope this review help coz I'm still thinking of what car to get; Getz, Celerio, Picanto, Swift, or a second hand 99 Lancer with invecs +:)

Review Date: 1st November, 2009

2006 Hyundai Getz GL 1.5 CRDi 16v 65 kW (88 HP) from Croatia

Model year2006
Year of manufacture2006
Engine and transmission 1.5 CRDi 16v 65 kW (88 HP) Manual

Summary:

Excellent small car, not only for city drive

Nothing has gone wrong so far.

General Comments:

So far I am very satisfied with my Getz 1.5 CRDi, 16v, 65 kW (88 HP). It is very responsive and I enjoy driving it. It makes me want to race on the road the whole time. But the suspension is not built for any kind of racing, it is very soft and therefore, the ride is very comfortable.

The fuel economy could be a little better. On the highways the consumption is between 5 and 6 Liters/100km (56.5 – 47.1 miles per gallon UK), depending on the driving style, and in the city 7.5 – 8.5 Liters/100km (37.7 – 33.2 miles per gallon UK), depending on rush hours.

I do not have any service experience so far, since the car has only 3900 km.

Review Date: 10th March, 2007

1st Jun 2007, 02:01

I`m happy to hear such nice comments because am going to buy it this week:P.